Epilogue

I hear the door shut behind me but I don't move from my spot. A small styrofoam cup is placed in front of me on the table.

The detective, who i've come to know as Sanchez, sits down across from me.

"It's water" she tells me and I look at the cup and then back up at her. I push it away from me.

I rest my forearms on the cold metal surface and hang my head as I comb through my hair with my hands.

"How did you meet him Harleen?" I look up to see the other detective, who goes by the name of Jones walk up to the table. Sanchez shoots her partner a look that he ignores completely.

"Who?" they look at me weird.

"Jack" I stare at his face for a moment as my mind takes me back to the exact time we met.

"I'm Jack, Jack Napier"  he grinned.

I stuck out my hand and he met it with his large one.

In one swift move he pulled me towards him and my back hit the cold metal locker as he stood in front of me.

His finger glided across my cheek and under my eye.

"Your skin is soft" he whispered as his other hand glided across my arm.

"Thanks" I whispered. I was in a trance from his eyes.

"I like your eyes too" he said. "They're so blue"

"See you around" his lips ghosted over mine before he left me there. Speechless.

"School" I say and they write it down.

"How did you end up together? Did he pursue you or the opposite?" I glide my fingers across the scratches created on the table.

"Mind telling me just why the fuck Barbara and her little minions hurt you?" He asked me angrily.

"She was jealous for some reason. She kept telling me that you were hers and it was funny that I thought I could come in between you two" I stared up at him.

He chuckled and pushed a strand behind my ear.

"That bitch is delusional. We fucked once and she thinks we're dating. Can't a guy just sleep around without falling into a serious relationship" he smirked.

I still remember how it felt to know I wasn't his first.

"You're jealous" he said.

"No just curious. Curious as to who's dumb enough to fuck you" I said angrily.

Of course I was jealous. It was Jack for fucks sakes.

"I like you. Don't make me regret it" he admitted.

He liked me. At one point in time he really did like me.

He kissed me for the first time at my locker after that. It was like straight out of a fairytale. A sick twisted fairytale.

"He came after me" I tell the detectives.

"And what was that like? Your relationship"

"This right here, is a Cupid knife. I've had this little baby for two years. It's good to keep your weapons clean and as sharp as can be. It's also good to know what exactly your doing.