3 - maddening

Sycamore Tree by Kali Uchis

I sit in the white porcelain tub of my bathroom. My naked back rests against the tub. Blonde strands of my hair float over the clouded water.

The bubbles have long ago dispersed and disappeared leaving just the soapy mixture to combine with the fresh water.

My skin glistens with soap in the pale light of the room.

My eyes are trained on the bathroom tiled wall opposite to me. In between the cracks, the glue had started to fade into a dirty grimy colour from lack of cleaning. How wonderful.

I raise my hand and softly play with the water around me. I bring it forward only to push it out towards my bent knees.

I look down at my fingers and notice that they're beginning to get a little pruny. It's been a long time since I've been sitting here in the warm water.

I lean my head back and close my eyes.

Slowly a black shadowy figure begins to shine through the darkness that clouds  my head.

As I take a closer look at the person, the shadow that was blocking their identity seems to drip off of their body.

The black goo lands back into the dark abyss of my mind and I grimace at the sound.

He stands with a smirk etched into his thin lips. I can see a little bit of his slightly tinted yellow teeth.

His eyes shine with a look of pure mischief and danger.

The longer I stare into his emerald eyes I can see his eyebrows arch angrily and his smile grows sickly.

In the distance I can hear the constant pulse of my heart start to quicken.

His mouth opens and a loud cackle echoes throughout my mind.

It's as if he's stuck on a constant repeat because his laugh just doesn't stop.

He spreads his strong arms wide and slightly tips his head back. His voice gets louder and louder as the seconds in the minutes pass.

And then suddenly he's gone.

All I'm left with is what I started out with. Black emptiness.

Small specks of white begin to shine through the black until it blinds me.

"Harley" I hear his voice distantly although it seems a bit blocked, like a barrier of some kind.

"Open your eyes" he shouts and I comply.

As soon as I do I can tell just how blurry my vision is.

I see someone above me, Jack.

He smiles the same way he did in my mind before his hands penetrate the barrier above and I feel his fingers wrap around my neck.

My eyes widen and I gasp before I realize I'm chocking. Underwater.

I sit up quickly and go into a coughing fit. My fingers touch my neck lightly as I lean against my legs. I do my best to regain the oxygen I had lost.

Everything had felt so real.

I look around the room to find myself alone like I had been before I blacked out.

I could've sworn he was here.

I look down to see the water that had once been clouded by the soap dived into two colours. Black and red.

My hands shake under the water as I scramble away from the dye and in a blink of an eye it's gone.

It's back to the pale white colour it was before.

"What? What's-what's going on? It-it was black and r-red. I swear the colours were there" I mumble quickly to no one but myself.

My breathing is back to erratic as I do my best to curl into a ball.

I shake my head as I hear his laugh start up in the corner of my mind. It's soft and slow at first but as the time passes by it begins to get louder in volume and sadistic in tone.

"Stop" I plead but it keeps going.

"Stop stop stop stop stop stop" I chant over and over again.

My hands grip the side of my head and my eyes are shut tightly.

"Stop!....please" I whimper and it does.

I breathe out a sigh of relief. I let go of my grip slowly but stay hunched over my legs.

What's happening to me?

I sit on my bed with my legs pulled up to my chest. My back against the wall, I lean my elbows on my knees and bite my nails nervously as today's events reply in my mind.

Oddly enough I can't get a clear picture. Most of the scenes are of the static kind.

The voices are clear to a certain moment before they slow down and the image begins to distort.

One scene that seems to be reoccurring more then the rest is the one where Jack is at my locker.

His voice along with his words repeat in my head.

He slowly looks up from the floor and into my eyes.

"Your name is Harley right?" He asks and I nod like a dumbfounded little kid.

"I'm Jack, Jack Napier"  he smiles a loop sided grin.

As he says his full name his voice drops an octave and the imagine begins to turn into vibrate green colour. A high pitched interference could be heard in the background.

For some idiotic reason I stick out my petite hand and he chuckles as he grips it in his large one.

In one swift move he pulls me towards him and our positions quickly switch.
My back hits the cold metal locker and he stands in front of me.

It all happened so quickly one could say it was fast forwarded. Finally the image returns back to its original saturation and tint.

His finger glides across my cheek and under my eye.

"Your skin is soft" he whispers as his other hand glides across my arm.

"Thanks?" I whisper. I'm trapped in his eyes.

"I like your eyes too" he says and I return the compliment.

"They're so blue" his head titles as if to get a better look at them.

The word blue is repeated in the distance and it slowly gets higher in pitch.

My heart is beating at an incredible pace. I hold my breath as I hope he can't actually here it as it rams against my chest.

"See you around" his lips ghost over mine and in a second the bell rings signalling the end of lunch.

And the same exact sound of the bell is what brings me back to reality.

I close my eyes an take a deep breath in. Why was he having such an affect on me? This whole situation is driving me mad.