8 - ruthless

We arrived at the party less then half an hour later to see that it was in full bloom. Even from outside you could tell that there were definitely strobe lights inside.

I grabbed my phone from the arm rest and walked towards drivers side.

"Let's go" she locked the door behind her and we made our way to the house.

The minute we stepped foot on the driveway we could literally feel the vibration from the bass of the song.

I smiled as I heard a familiar tune and hummed it to myself.

The door was open so we let ourselves in and as soon as we walked through our mouths feel open.

The entire house was filled with Juniors, Seniors and a few collage kids from around the neighbourhood.

"Shit. Harv sure knows how to throw a party" I mumble and she nodded along, eyes wide in amusement.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her along inside with me.

We squeeze through the mass of dancing bodies before finally falling into the kitchen.

A few people sat on the stools surrounding the island. Others stood near the keg of beer by the entrance.

On the counter next to the sink I found a bottle of strawberry vodka and quickly grabbed it.

"This will be our drink of choice for the night" I shake the bottle in my hand and she laughs.

Pam grabs two red solo cups from the island and I pour our drink into them.

"How are my two favourite girls doing?" I hear Harvey say and I nearly choke on my drink.

Pam looks up from her phone and smiles at him.

"Mind if I steal her for a while?" Harvey asks but before I have the chance to answer he grabs a hold of her waist and takes her into the living room.

"Sure" I mumble before downing the drink in hand.

I pour more in and decide to give myself a little tour. It's been a long time since I've been here. Me and Harvey have been friends since we were kids but eventually we grew apart with age.

I walk into the dining room to find a couple making out in the corner and I roll my eyes. How wonderful.

All I can hear is the smacking of their lips so I quickly leave.

I walk into the second living room to see that it's a little less crowded as the first one but compact none the less.

I look through the many groups of people in hopes of finding a familiar face. Thankfully I spot Selina and make way to her.

The minute her eyes land on me she comes to greet me with a hug. I gladly accept and she drags me towards the groups of friends she was with.

I wave at them before they return to their separate conversations.

"How are you? I hear what happened between you and Barbara. I can't believe how much of a bitch she was." She shakes her head and I snort.

"I can. It's like she permanently has a giant stick up her ass. God forbid anyone gets in her way. Then all hell breaks loose" she laughs.

"I hear you gave her a broken nose. Nice job. Get it, cause she's going to need a nose job after its healed up" I roll my eyes and laugh at the bad pun she made before something catches my eye.

Jack is leaning against a wall across the room. His converse covered foot lies against the white wall. He glides his large hand throughout his jet black hair that contains streaks of neon green.

His torso is tightly covered in a white t-shirt. He wears a simple pair of pitch black jeans. He smiles and I look to the person who stands in front of him. Barbara.

I growl when she works up the audacity to place one of her frail hands on his chest.

"Sorry I'll be right back" I tell Selina and she barely notices me leave.

Did I mention that it was pitch black here? Well, I mean not pitch black. There are UV lights giving us some sort of light but not much else.

I push through the people before standing at an ear pitch away from them.

"How about we go upstairs and I'll show you what you'd be missing out on?" Barbara does her best to say seductively but fails so miserably it's laughable.

"I've already seen everything. And there's not much" and at that moment I laugh, alerting their attention to me.

Jack's smile grows and I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Ugh what are you doing here? Come back for more?" Barbara spits out in disgust and I look up at her.

Her nose is bandaged up in an effort to recover from the damage I so happily caused.

"No actually I came for him. Looked like he was in need of rescuing" I shrug before sipping a drink from my cup.

Barbara's face scrunched up in anger and in a blink of an eye my drink is knocked out of my hand.

I squint my eyes at her before grabbing onto her hair and roughly smashing her head into the wall. She falls unconscious.

I grab her hand and pull her body towards an empty chair and seating her there.

That's more like it.