27 - date

I slip my denim ripped jeans up my legs and zip it closed. I button it up before grabbing the hoodie off the coat hanger.

I place it over my head and smooth out my blonde hair. I sweep it over my shoulder and look myself over in the mirror.

I let out a sigh and shake my head.

Everything about this evening just screams dangerous but I've never been one to follow my instincts.

Jack isn't going to be happy

My subconscious sings and I shake my head. Hoping that she gets the point but of course, she doesn't.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him" I say to her and she laughs.

The annoying sound bounces off the walls inside my brain.

"What he doesn't know...won't hurt him" I convince myself and grab my phone from the dresser.

I haven't heard from him since yesterday meaning he either slept the entire day or isn't even bothered with the idea of text me.

Still, I message him a simple 'hey' hoping he would answer me back.

It vibrates in the palm of my and and I unlock it to see its just a text from Bruce saying he's outside.

I run down my stairs and I'm out the door in no time. I lock the house behind me and walk towards the black Range Rover on my driveway.

It's not too cold and not too hot. No breeze blowing by but just a nice temperature.

I found the front and open the passenger seat.

I hop inside and strap the seatbelt around my torso.

"Ready?" Bruce asks me and I look at him. He's dressed in light washed jeans and a simple black shirt.

I nod mutely and he pulls out of the driveway and onto the road.

The drive to the restaurant is quiet. None of us say a word. The only sound filling in our silence is the low hum of music playing on the radio.

"How do you feel about Red Lobster?" He asks me as he turns right onto a major intersection.

"That's actually one of my favourite restaurants" I smile and he nods.

"Mine too, I love seafood" he says and I nod.

"I don't think we were going to somewhere so fancy" I tell him and he shakes his head.

"It's not that fancy" I scoff.

"Yeah it is, especially now that's its nearly night" I gesture to the dark skies surrounding us.

We pull into the parking lot of the restaurant and find a space almost immediately.

He shuts off the car and we make our way inside.

It doesn't seem to be too pact thankfully so all we do for the moment is wait.

I occupy myself by look at the lobster tank.

They just lie there, all piled up in a corner.

Its kind of funny when you think about it. They used to be so free swimming in the sea and now they're caged up in a tank about to be someone's dinner. And the funniest part is that they don't even realize it.

"I'll take you to your table" a pretty brunette says holding two menus against her chest.

Bruce and I follow her around the restaurant, maneuvering about the booths before we're finally seated.

We get comfortable and she places the menus in front of us.

I open the leather bound menu and gaze upon the options.

"Can I get a drink to start you two off?" She asks and I nod.

"I'll get a coke with no ice please" I tell her and she writes it down on her notepad.

"Iced tea for me" Bruce says and she writes it down too.

She places the notebook into the apron around her waist before walking away from our table.

Leaving me and Bruce to fill in the silence. Great.

In no time our food is served and I'm saved from the awkward small talk we had to do.

I dip my garlic shrimp in the juice it came in and bite into it.

"Never gets old" I mumble with my mouth full making him laugh.

I stick my fork in the middle of the tangled mess of linguine alfredo.

I place the forkful into my mouth and chew away happily.

"You got a little-" Bruce points to the corner of my mouth and as soon as I swallow I lick the area but he shakes his head.

"Let me, I'll do it" he says and he sticks out his thumb, wiping away the white sauce. He brings his thumb to his mouth.

He smiles and his eyes stare a little too long before he's back to eating.

A small smile spreads across my face and I let myself bask in the moment.

Guilt sets low inside me but I will myself to ignore it.

The night reaches the end soon after we leave the restaurant.

Bruce parks the car just outside of my house. He gets out to open the passenger door and I thank him as I hop out of the vehicle.

A small smile decorated my lips when I feel his hand land on my lower back.

I walk up the steps to my door and stand at the threshold.

"I had a good time" I tell him and he nods with a smile.

"Yeah, so did I" he laughs and scratches the base of his neck.

"So I guess this is goodnight?" I nod and I watch as he leans forward.

Fuck he's going to kiss me.

Should I let him?

Do I want this?

No. No I don't.

I shouldn't even be here with him, I should be inside sleeping.

Jacks going to kill him.

I'm too caught up in my head to realize that his lips have already touched mine but they're gone before i know it.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He's walking to his car before I have the chance to reply and I touch my lips.

His kiss is nothing like Jacks. It's simple, no spark, no passion, no heat.

And it's at that moment that I realize just how fucked I am.

Jack is going to kill me.