63 - the big game

"I think i'm going to shit bricks" I stifle a laugh as Selina whispers that right beside me. I keep my head down towards the change room floor. If i look at her i swear i'm going to burst into a fit. Since i've come to know Selina she's not the type of person to admit her weaknesses. Making this all the more funnier. Pamela hits my arm and I grab it, rubbing the spot where i was attacked.

"Ow" i say and she rolls her eyes.

"Harley" I look up to see Barbara snapping her fingers a few feet away. "Yes?" i bite my lip in order to stop myself from smiling.

"We have to go out in just a few minutes. I need you to concentrate and pay attention" she seems very serious so I let out a breath and listen to why she has to say.

"Alright ladies. We've been planning for this for not too long which makes me nervous. I hope you guys don't disappoint me and make us look like fools out there. Don't forget that we're there solely to lift the spirits up of the crowds and to keep our boys motivated. We can't do that if some of us are being sloppy. So if you don't think you can handle this exit right now" She points her manicured nail towards the door and no one moves.

"Good. If anyone fucks up i'll have your head on a stick. Go wild beasts!" she shakes her pom poms and raises them high in the air.

"Barbara" the coach yells and she turns in the direction of her voice.

"Come here for a quick second" follows right after and she walks out of the changing room.

The three of us, Selina, Pam and I walk towards the large mirror in our change room.

"How's it lookin?" Pamela turns around and i look to see if everything is in place and nothing is peeking out.

"You're good how about me?" Selina approves and she turns around as well. Pamela tells her to fix her shorts.

"Do you have an extra pad just in case?" Red asks me and I nod.

"Just for you boo" I grab it out of my bra and hand it to her.

She plants a kiss on my cheek and I quickly wipe it off. I can't have her red lips smudging my skin just before we're going to be going out.

"I think i'm going to re-apply mascara" Pamela says to me before grabbing her jacket. She shuffled through the pocket and grabs the black tube.

"Alright girls were going out in two minutes. Any questions on the choreo?" The coach asks and no one replies.

"Good, lets go"

The referee blows his whistle and waits for the team captains on each team to come forward.

Barry and Harvey walk onto the field and speak to the referee.

I hit my elbow into Pamela's arm and she pushes me.

He tosses the coin up into the air and catches it. He places it onto his hand checks the sign.

"Heads" the referee announces and looks up at Harvey. He smirks before he says something to the referee, pointing to the end zone behind him. The captain of the other team adds in something as well before he walks back to his teammates.

One of the boys grabs the ball along with the kicking tee. He places the bottom of the ball down on the 30-yard line mark. He walks backwards a bit and waits.