64 - relentless

Jealous Girl by Lana Del Rey

Soundcloud has the much better version than the youtube ones

"Come on Wildbeasts! You got this!" we yell in unison. The referee blows his whistle and our kicker kicks the ball cross the field.

Their return kicker catches it sadly and assigns the line of scrimmage.

"Hut" their centre yells and passes it to their quarterback.

Our defenders run towards their runners in order to keep them far away from the ball.

Their quarterback takes off down our field.

I watch as Jack runs towards him and tackles him to the ground.

"Woo!" I jump and cheer for him. He bumps his chest with Harvey and I smile.

The crowd cheers as they move back to the line.

The quarterback takes off once again but passes it back to someone else.

Jack tries to take down the one with the ball but fails to grab him. He quickly gets back up and tries to go after him.

Their coach screams for them to grab the one holding the ball.

"He's getting away" I tell Pamela and she shrugs.

He scores a touchdown and the audience of the other team cheers.

Once again at the same line as before. Before the pass has even been able to be successful Barry intercepts it and takes it down to our field Harvey bodies a few of the players trying to get to Barry and Jack tackles the quarterback on Barry's tail.

Barry slides into the end zone scoring another touchdown.

"Go Wildbeasts, go-go-go wildbeasts!" we cheer and clap as they return to their spots.

"Fuck wildbeasts" someone in the crowd yells.

"Yeah!" the rest chime in. They boo at our team and I roll my eyes.

The boys return to the line two more times before the third quarter is finished and the boys rest for their five minute break.

I watch as the coach from the opposing team screams and yells at his men. He shows them the score on the board to see that they're 20 points behind. Even from here I would be afraid at him. He threatens them and tells them to open their eyes.

They huddle close together. The coach stands above them, bent over so to keep their tactic secret. Some players kneel before him with their helmet on the ground while other stand and bend with him to listen.

"I don't have a good feeling" I tell Pamela and she looks to the side. I join her stare and see the opposing teams crowd suddenly double in size.

I look back at the coach to see him smile. Something about the smile and sudden change in the air settles deep in my stomach.

"Let's go Jaguars, let's go!" The opposing audience cheers repeatedly. Since they've doubled in voices we suddenly don't sound nearly as loud as they do. We've lost the ability to cheer the boys.