4 - gym

"Alright ladies today we'll finally be starting our soccer unit of the semester. I'm going to need you to split up into two groups and line up down the field. I'll need four volunteers to bring out the equipment-" my gym teacher looks around the group of girls in front of her and waits until four girls offer their help.

"-as for the rest of you grab a partner and start to do some warm ups" she nods and leads the volunteers towards the storage room.

It's been a week since I had that encounter with Jack and things have not been any different. Granted I haven't actually seen him.

To tell you the truth I've been avoiding him. Although my mind doesn't really seem to care considering I've had dreams of him.

They haven't all been scary. Sometimes they've been calming, which is a scarier thought then anything I would have expected.

My partner is the brunette that I had an encounter with last week. The same girl who has with Harvey.

She's practically the only person in this class that I took the time to get to know.

Her name is Selina Kyle. Her healthy looking brown hair is pulled up, once again in a ponytail. Not once have I seen her with her hair down.

"Uhm...twenty jumping jacks?" She offers and I nod.

As we start to do them I notice out of the corner of my eyes that a group of students pour out of the back entrance of the school.

They're all dressed in basketball shorts and t-shirts that happen to be slightly wet with perspiration.

"Get ready for the beat down of your life Joker" a familiar voice spits out.

I stop just as I was getting to twenty to look towards the origin of the sound.

Harvey stands in front of Jack as he rolls up the sleeves of his exercise shirt.

Jack on the other hand has his hands on his knees as he's slightly bent over. He smirks up at Harvey before standing to his full height.

"Wanna bet?" He teases rubbing his large hands together.

My eyebrows furrow as I do my best to take a closer look at them. His knuckles are a bright red colour. A few of them even have what looks like to be bruises and scabs.

"No way, last time we did that you lost and you didn't pay up. I'm still waiting for those twenty bucks" Harvey scoffs and waves off Jack.

"I'm sorry to inform you Harv but you'll be waiting for a long ass time" Jack laughs and it's like music to my ears.

"Harley!" I hear Selina yell and I shake my head as I try to pay attention.

When I look back she's already with the rest of the group. Our teacher came back and in the meantime, has set up a few cones in a pattern.

"For today we'll be doing a few drills. You guys can't begin to play a game before you know the basics of soccer-" I turn my head away from her already knowing what to do.

I look towards the other half of the field. My eyes scan over the mass amount of guys looking for a semi-green haired one.

I find him doing various of simple exercises with his teammates. He laughs every now and then and I find myself wishing I was there to be the reason for his smile.

"Let's go!" I hear my teacher yells and we split up into two lines.

One by one we go down the field kicking the black and white ball in between our feet as we curve the cones.

Soon it's my turn and I do my best to concentrate on the object rolling on the floor.

"C'mon I know you can go faster then that Quinzel" I hear my teacher yell and I roll my eyes.

I let out a deep breath before continuing down the field until I reach the end.

I gather all of my blonde hair in one hand before raising the other to tie it up in a high pony tail.

A few baby hairs I forgot to grab lie against my face framing it in a nice way.

"You okay?" Selina asks looking at me with concern.

It's then that I realize that I've been clutching my fingers in a fist.

"Huh? Oh..yeah I'm, im fine" I say distractingly before I turn my attention back to the woman in front of us giving us a lecture about concentration and precision.

Please, kill me now.