77 - dresses

June

"Have you found your dress yet?" Selina asks Pam and she sighs.

"Nah...I don't even think i'm going" I look up at her from my fries.

"What do you mean you're not going?" I ask her and she shrugs her shoulders.

"Me and Barry have been arguing over stupid shit lately so I don't know" I roll my eyes and throw out the rest of them.

"Bullshit. Even if you guys are over you still need to come" I tell her and she takes out her phone, replying to a text message.

"Come on Red. It wouldn't be prom without you" I tell her and Selina nods.

"It's like a rite of passage"

"I'll tell you what. Let's go shopping for our dresses tomorrow? If you can't find the one then it isn't meant to be" I tell her and take a sip of her orange juice.

"So what colour were you going for Pam?" Selina asks as she grabs a dress from the rack.

It's a very soft nude colour, tightly fitted at the top and it sort of loosens at the bottom.

"Try it on" I urge her and she shakes her head. She scrunches up her nose and paces it back.

"It's not very me" I scoff.

I look over at Pam who sits on the cushion chair below.

"Tell her to try it on" I say.

"Try it on Selina, that's the whole point of dress shopping. To look at all options" She says pointing to the array of dresses throughout the entire store.

"Are you ladies finding everything okay?" A woman well into her fifties asks us and we smile at her.

"Yes, in fact my good friend here is dying to try this one on" I place my hands on Selina's shoulders and the woman smiles.

"I'll get a fitting room started for you" she takes the nude dress and leads the way to the fitting room not too far away from the dresses.

I push Selina to follow her. "I'll be picking out more dresses for you. Be sure to show us when you're done!" I tell her and she rolls her eyes and follows the older woman.

"I want a green dress" Pamela says behind me and I watch her walk to the opposite side of the room.

"One with a deep backline, stopping just above my ass" her fingers dance across the surfaces of the dresses.

"A mermaid fit, not too tight but tight enough to show off my figure. Lace, definitely needs lace. The bottom should open up, could even have a little train behind me" I smile and look through a few dresses on the same rack as the one where Selina's was.

"How about you Harleykins?" she asks me and I shrug.

"I don't even know what colour" I sigh and pull out a lavender dress. This one has ruffles at the top with a big bow in the middle at the waist. I stifle a laugh.

"Oh this one is just perfect for Selina" Pamela comes up behind me and gasps.

"It's gorgeous, we must bring it to her" she says and grabs it from my hands. She walks over to her fitting room and knocks on the tall door.

"Doin alright honey?" she asks and Selina groans.

"Go away" she says and Pamela laughs.

"A red one would be nice. With a slit at the side, exposing my leg"