60 - bartender

2 months ago - December

"He's waiting for us in the room" I look up to see Jones looking down on me.

"Alright lead the way" I follow close behind him as we walk across the main floor. We continue down the hallway and eventually walking into the room. Jones stands next to the door while I move to walk towards the man.

"Hi I'm detective Sanchez and this is my partner. Jones" I extend my hand and he takes it with a good grip.

I sit down in front of him and interlace my fingers. "How are you today Mr...."

"Godhino, Giovanni Godhino" he says and i smile.

"How old are you Mr. Godhino?" i ask entering the basic questions you ask a witness.

"Twenty seven years old. Turning twenty eight in a month" he chuckles and i nod.

"So i've been informed that you were working that night. Am I correct?" he nods.

"Could you tell me anything that seemed off to you?" i ask and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Off as in?"

"Like something out of the ordinary. Things that you usually didn't see everyday at work" and he shrugs.

"I'm trying to think back to it but to be completely honest with you everything was pretty normal. The club was filled with the usual rich kids ready to throw all of their money away. College kids ready to drink their memory away" I nod.

"By any chance did you see this man at the club?" i slide over the picture of Jack i had printed when i discovered his file on the database.

"Uhm maybe...you know what? Now that I think about it I actually had a talk with him. Yeah. His girl was sitting at the bar and I was flirting with her cause a guys gotta get some somehow" he chuckles and i give him a. tight lipped smile.

"Yeah anyways he came up behind her and threatened to bash my head into the pavement if i didn't lay off. Seemed a little harsh from the usual threats i receive but i didn't raise any suspicion seeing how this is Gotham and this sort of shit happens" I nod and look over to see Jones writing this down.

"Thank you. Also did you manage to see this man" I slide over a picture of Kyle that i managed to get from his family.

"No he doesn't look familiar. To be honest with you I tend to pay more attention to the girls than the guys" he says to me and i sigh.

"Well thank you for your help. I'll keep in touch if anything else comes up" i say to him and write down my number on a piece of paper.

He nods and tucks it into the front pocket of his pants. He stands up and walks out of the door.

"So it's been confirmed that he was there" I announce and Jones pushes off the hall.

"That also means that he was let in illegally. The kids not even 19" he scoffs and i sigh.

"So he's not only a suspect in an ongoing homicide case but he's also in possession of a falsified I.D" i shake my head.

"Call up the bouncer who was supervising that night"

Now

"Hello" I answer the phone

"Sorry for calling so late. It's me, Giovanni" I try to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"Giovanni who?" A yawn crawls out of my mouth. I can hear a large ruckus through the phone.

"Godhino" My yes open wider and I realize who this is.

"What do you have for me?" i ask before sitting up against my headboard. The body next to me rolls over tugging the covers closer to his body.

"He's here. The guy you were asking around for, he's here" I throw my legs over the bed and pad my bare feet across my wooden floor.

"With who?"

"Looks like some of his friends. Not the same girl as before" I nod and look for some appropriate clothes.

"I'm on my way. Call me back if anything else happens. Keep an eye on him and try to keep him there for as long as possible" I slip up my pants up my legs and throw on a random shirt.

"Jones" the bed rustles.

"Yeah" his sleepy voice greets my ears before i walk into the bathroom.

"Get ready he's at the club" i watch as he stumbles to gather himself and I roll my eyes.

We arrive at the scene in ten minutes and we walk inside rather quickly.

We split to try to cover more ground and look less suspicious.

I walk up to the bartender and push pas the grinding bodies. This is a rather slow song to be playing in a club. The lights don't help much either.

"Where is he?" I ask Giovanni. His eyes glance behind me and I glance at the crowd in front of me.

"He's in black" I hear him say before nodding walking off.

I see the back door open and my instincts kick in.

I push through the horny kids and down the stairs of the dance floor.

By the time I get outside I look around haphazardly trying to find whoever left.

I hear a car door slam and look at a black Range Rover parked on the street.

I watch as someone gets into the drivers seat and a blonde sits in the passenger with her head down.

I try to catch up to the large vehicle but next thing i know the engine roars to life and it speeds off.

Fuck.