25 - teenagers

Florescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys

Currently I lied upside down on Pam's sofa. My knees are bent and my legs hold onto the edge of the couch.

My pig tails are touching the floor and I can feel all of my blood rush to my head.

Strangely enough it seems to calm me down. My heart rate is slowly going down and I feel like my eyes are bulging.

"Cupcake" I hear Jack call but I don't feel like moving so I stay put.

"Sweets" the blood has now started to clog up my ears slowly blocking the lovely sound of his voice. I can feel my eyes watering.

"Harley!" His loud voice booms throughout the room startling me.

I jumped and fell onto the floor.

"Ouch" I wince and sit up onto my knees.

My head is spinning and I lie my head on the cushion.

"Are you deaf?" I hear Jack say and I raise up my head to see him starring down at me.

"I was meditating" I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"I don't care. I want to know what we're going to be eating" I shrug and stand up. I wobble a little but get my grip on gravity soon enough.

I get an idea and jump onto the couch.

"Oo! Oo!" I say excitedly before Jack pulls on my hair.

"Spit it out Harley" he grumbles and I sit down.

"Can we get cotton candy?" I tilt my head and peer up at him.

"Sugar? You think I'm going to give you sugar?" He asks me and I shrug.

"Eh, why not" he says and I smile.

"Do you know where they sell that?" He asks me as I make my way to Pam's room.

"No clue" I tell him and I can hear him groan.

"We can get pizza or something on the way back" I yell from the room.

I look through her drawers and grab a pair of black leggings. I lift them up my legs and walk out of the room.

I get downstairs to find Jack sitting on the arm rest of the couch.

"Did you bring your car?" I ask as we make our way to the front door.

He doesn't say anything so I can only assume he nodded.

We walk out and I lock the door behind us.

Let the adventure begin.

We find a 7/11 not too far from the apartment and decide to check for any cotton candy.

The guy working at the cash register is taking a little nap so he doesn't notice when we walk into the store. The little bell rings as well notifying him that there's people inside and yet he still hasn't woken up.

He must be a heavy sleeper.

"Go find your candy" I've already left his side by the time he said that.

I go up and down the aisle look for a jar of pink fluff.

I finally find it next to a carton of birthday cake mix and a tub of frosting.

A sudden craving for sweets erupts in my stomach and I lick my lips. I grab the candy floss, strawberry frosting, a bag of gummy bears and worms that I found near the bottom shelf, and a can of whip cream.