13|The Earring

He so overcome with urgency had bitten Ishita's earlobe and that glittery band had come undone. However, he was into the moment that he did not notice it. Moreover, he could not blame her for not checking things clearly, as he did not let her do it without a glitch. He had made her messy and dirty in a matter of minutes and she could barely feel herself but him on her.

If this tiny piece of a fancy jewelry would come into the open, things would surely go out of switch. Appa would question Ishita for sure, she would not be able to divulge the truth, and that would lead to misunderstandings, though he knows her family trusts her. In spite of all these, he could not risk anything regarding their life. It has just started beautifully blossom and a sudden withering or a falling ever in the future was not the entity that Raman could think of exploring.

He was not just an infatuated husband but also a man who so badly has started depending on his wife. This feeling of being controlled was something he has experienced in the past and detested in the near past. However, now, he could not think of a life without her deciding his moves the way he has been scheming hers.

He was poking his eyes at the security while hugging his father-in-law and the man went away stating business, as he did not want to mess with Raman Bhalla. Once making sure that only appa's eyes are he has to be taking care of that were now checking the room thoroughly, he stretched his leg under the table. Once he touched his shoe on the cheap earring that has the power to cost his wife's dignity, appa turned to him after rummaging the storeroom making him take back his feet quickly.

"I think I should check the register. Need to count things." Viswa said politely.

"Err...yeah, you should...hmmm." Raman agreed constantly glancing at the earring.

"Haan beta. It's near the table, there on the shelf." Appa pointed on Raman's right side, above his head while Raman was standing there in an uneasy posture, guarding the earring.

Viswa's words forewarned him and he felt his heart coming in his mouth tasting bitter. Heart is distasteful, seemed to Raman. He rubbed his chin thinking for a while without making appa doubt him. He has to do something because that thing was too much glittery but he did not notice that last night; such a disaster! In fact, he did not see that stones on her ear but all that he still remembers is her taali lain in the strait of her perfect orbs. Well...he realized that he has been acting somewhat instable!

Meanwhile, at Iyer's, Ishita had woken up late because of obvious reason but for her family, it was unusual and those over caring ladies thought she is sick. Adding to that, her pinkish appearance was topping it making amma think that she has some viral fever. Not only was that but Ishita was slightly shivering because of the dynamism she had endured from her husband last night.

After freshening up, she came to the living room and started slowly sipping the tea. Memories of their midnight rendezvous were taking a toll on her senses as she tried to divert her mind failing miserably. When Ishita was trying to drink a cup of tea, amma came to her after handing the kitchen chores over to Vandu, to take care of her anemic daughter!

"How could you ignore your hair, Ishu. It's all tangled and messy even after your looooong bath!" Amma scolded her while trying to untangle her hair.

"Aahh...amma...slowly." She winced when amma was doing her job and scolding her.

"Haan...haan. Well, why are you wearing only one earring, Ishu?" Amma asked smilingly as she thought Ishita has missed wearing its pair.