Chapter-78

"Ishita, I didn't mean t-" His words died as he watched her walking out without a glance back. "What have I done!" Wondering pathetically at his own self, he followed her. It was an unnecessary outburst. He could have contained and made an excuse if not revealing what exactly was going on between him and Shagun. "Shit!" He gritted, fisting as the wall boomed with his blow, though he was the one yelping in pain after the force with which he smacked it.

"...I thought, it's just a night. We don't get all the time to spend together, do we?" He heard Ishita talking chirpily; his feet halted, sharpening his ears in preparation to know if she is in a good mood after the fight. He knows she would not tell anyone about their shouting episodes, rather would act normal, which was one of her traits he liked and disliked at the same time. It was hard to understand if she was alright or not; she masked her feelings for the best or the worst.

"What's happening huh! I'm sure you fought with Raman!" Vandu rolled her eyes. Ishita shifted uncomfortably, evading eye contact. "Is everything okay, Ishu?" She leant forward realizing something is off with her sister.

"Nothing, akka." She shrugged. "Umm, yeah. Something's...no, let it be na, akka." She once again brushed the topic off.

"Ishita," There she heard her husband barging in apologetically. Her face cross as she looked on blankly, every time he would take a step close to where she sat, her determination, of not letting this matter go just like that, became strong. "...I'm sorry?" That was not the way one should apologize when it was entirely his fault! She huffed at the way he stood confused whether the matter needed an apology or not. It was like, he would do it if she think he owes one or otherwise, not!

"Look Raman, if you're selling one, I'm don't want. If you owe me one, I'll think of considering. Otherwise, make sure you won't disturb me when I'm spending time with my sisters. I'm too busy for your arguments." She shot up from the couch, a loud gasp of Mihika and Vandu along with her parents resonating in the room, while Raman's eyes gaped at the floor in shame. He deserved it, but still, it was not every day he watched the Jhansi Ki Rani that she used to be before their marriage. He used to enjoy that, because that woman was no one to him but this one is...everything.

"I shouldn't have done that, I know..." He lagged, raising his head, walking close to her but she was absolutely pissed off. "Hey, listen to me," He tried holding her hand but she had her hold tight on her elder sister as she faced the wall on her left side, clearly showing her disinterest in looking at his face.

"I know you've had enough of me!" She said as a matter of fact, making the room go silent.

"What, bullshit!" He denied, moving close to her desperately. "Why the hell do you feel that!?" His voice a mere whisper but she caught it, returning a glare that he could not grasp. "Ishita..." He dragged her name lovingly, but it could not make any changes in her demeanor. He looked around, finding everyone leaving one-by-one, giving them privacy (to fight?).

"It happens! I know well!" She burst out crying. He so wanted to console her, but she would not let him, he knew. As she sat in the couch, wiping her tears persistently, he was troubled. Her eyes shot at him in between sobbing, collecting herself to make a point to resume the growing argument. "When-when...wives get preggy, husbands tend to grow dispassionate about them, and-and go to other woman. It's a common knowledge!"

"What? NO!" He screamed. "Why would I do that!" He wondered, kneeling down in front of her, as he held her hands a bit forceful; she was in no mood to succumb, but struggle. "Baby, you know I love only you. Then why would I... See, I, how'd I explain!" He got frustrated to himself.