30|Hurt Unknown

"Ishita..." His voice reflected shock as if he did not expect her there, at that time.

In fact, he did not expect her at all because she had told him that she would be late. However, that does not mean he is having some secrecy. There was nothing that has to be hidden from her but he was unable to divulge certain things to her. He gasped feeling an itching down his throat on watching the scene of his wife doubting him. He was not sure though.

It was crystal clear that Ishita is a bundle of insecurities from when she has lost her good health. Moreover, his keeping away from her, stating the same has been making her feel left out from his life and topping that, a vampire EX walking around in all her glory! He did not give a damn to that woman's existence, just because he does not want his kids to see how nasty he talks. It has taken a lot of self-constraint not to bash her but he has his own worries filling his heart than going behind his ugly past that his wife failed to notice. In spite of all these, the events just taken place is not something that he could be able to make her understand.

He was coming from office, in his car when Shagun walked in. He had scolded her like hell after getting out but she lied on the ground, wincing and crying, irritating him. He had lent a hand and she got up, simply falling in his arms. Disgusted, he pushed her off and she has stepped back, still crying as her feet had a sprain.

"Are you in some other world Shagun? Can't you see? What if something happened to you! Mera kya ho jaata!" Raman shouted on top of his voice while Shagun grinned inwardly on hearing his words. He always shows his care through anger! Shagun smirked. "Mujhe jail jaana padta damn it. I don't want someone to die by my car. Aur yeh..." He checked his car if it has any scratches. "Achcha hua koyi scratch nahi. Agar hota toh...!" He raised his hand as if indicating her that he would have slapped her and muttered under his breath. "Biwi ko bhi nahi chchoone deta hoon...aur yeh ayi gadi ke neeche!"

He was about to go when Shagun said. "I'm sorry Raman. My feet slipped. Waise bhi mujhe marne ki koyi shauk nahi!" She made a face and tried to walk but tripped only to be held by Raman by her arm.

That was when Adi and Ruhi returned from school and stopped on their track watching the scene. They looked at each other in confusion and then at their parents coldly. They were muddled off and were not sure, how they should react as they walked up to them taking measured steps.

"What Shagun mamma doing with papa. Yeh unhe touch kyun kar rahe hai. Papa should only touch my Ishima!" Ruhi fumed.

"If amma sees this, papa toh gaya kaam se. Poor papa! And, I'm sure mom is..." He trailed off as he gathered patience in Ruhi's presence.

"Humein inke photo leni chahiye. And we should show Ishima!" Ruhi hit his fisted hand inside her palm.

"Don't be Ruhi. Girls usually aise sab harkatein karte hai. I wonder what you'll get by making my papa face all daggers from amma!" Adi made a horrified face.

"Boys are all...!" Ruhi shrugged her shoulder remembering how she and Shravan fight.

"Let's see what happens. We'll just act cool." Adi said seriously and Ruhi joined.

Under the presence of Ruhi and Adi, Raman acted polite to Shagun. When the kids were observing Raman's behavior, he was trying to be the good papa. He was unmindful that his kids do not want him to be the good one in front of their mom! They had been gritting their fury by playing along, lovingly while Raman was getting frustrated thinking how long he would have to act this calm in front of a ghost like Shagun.