49|Slept Off

"I'm scared..." She looked down.

Her hands fidgeted with the rims of her saree as he bore his eyes on her nervy figure. "Mein hoon nah..." He assured and smiled wider when she hugged him tight. "Relax..." He pressed his lips on her temple and bid bye.

A tiresome day followed. She made sure that any guests would not conquer their bedroom but Ruhi and Adi were. A week amidst the kids would make her husband insane, she knows and she felt bad. She had talked to her elder sister about the same and Vandu could do nothing but laugh at her cost. Ishita did not feel any embarrassment but retorted with the same to Vandu only to see all the color from her face washing away.

"You're right Ishu...but...we can't do anything nah..." Vandu consoled. "But it's good. When husbands become desperate, it's worth watching. But you should make sure you don't seem despo!" Vandu's theories irked Ishita.

"I shouldn't have talked to you!" Ishita lamented furiously.

"I don't understand what you people are even talking!" Mihika shouted annoyed at their indirect talks.

"Wait Miku...just few days...Tujhe toh jaldi pata chalega!" Vandu gave a high-five to Ishita and started laughing. "See her nose...she's angry..." She pointed.

"I know right...!" Ishita giggled and said composing her breath. "Nothing won't get into my brain now! It's more difficult to deal with Ravan Kumar than the entire family. At time he acts so understanding and sometimes..." Ishita trailed off making a distraught face.

"Raman is much more understanding. He knows how to behave in situations." Vandu defended Raman while Ishita nodded her head mocking Vandu's words; a silent announcement that she knows her husband better.

"Oh leave it akka. You're worried only for jiju...Think about the celebrations!" Mihika came from behind and hugged Ishita.

"Haan Miku...I'm up for it." She smiled pulling her cheeks and ran out of there.

"Pagal hai..." Vandu mused and continued her job of cleaning her room to settle there. "Can't we girls have this night together...? Like old days Miku?" Vandu asked curiously.

"Wow...! That's a great idea akka. I'll ask akka." Mihika turned to go but Vandu stopped.

"You need to wait until Raman comes. We'd ask him. If we ask Ishu, she'd shamelessly say that she won't be able to sleep without him! You know what I mean..." Vandu playfully patted Mihika and the girls laughed out.

Coming home, Raman noticed Ishita hurrying from one place to the other, doing anything and everything, in between giving him an acknowledging smile that she never forgets to do. He nodded as if saying he is alright for she has queried silently through her eyes, and walked upstairs to freshen up. Getting a coffee from Rinki's hands made things come down, some things could not be changed even if he tries. He taunted her indirectly asking her to do that which she should be doing supposedly. Rinki had taken it light and teased Ishita in the kitchen, in the company of Simmi and the later joined, Romi the devil.

Raman had tried sipping the tea but the only thing he could remember was he could have been enjoying Ishita's pampering if it were a normal day. After his office time, he used to enjoy a head massage that he so badly wanted right then as he has exhausted. However, he know this too that she is tired than he is! He had a walk back and forth in the room and then a long pause in the balcony, looking out in the drizzling weather.