Chapter-73

What makes him whine? She huffed, even then she was feeling bad for his state. He has opened up to her; apparently she would not have done that so easily, if she were in him. She understood, but she could not understand at the same time. Those stupid hormones were controlling her, pushing to the edges and dragging her back to keep her guilty. She wanted to get up and console him, saying she was intentionally hurting him. How come that divulgence would console him! She felt so trivial but her husband was hurt. She met his cloudy eyes before looking down at her plate; she was hungry but could not gather to eat a bite. Her mouth covering with queasiness as she found herself restless than what she thought could be.

"I'm full." She heard him saying. His gaze all over her, to know if she cares. She does as her eyes welled up instantly when he left the dining table with a snort. All that he wanted was to be away or be with her. Being with her was a big question, she would not let him. Thus, it would be better if he would find solace in solitude. "Why is he doing this..." She mumbled under her breath, which Simmi caught, leaving her shook her head in disbelief. Who started this? Obviously her crazy sister-in-law, who has been ruling the home from a long time! Simmi so badly wanted to throw one of her dirty comment, pull her leg, and have some fun but this was not usual tiny fights the couple has; she composed herself not to intrude their private war.

He was taking measured steps after stomping out of his home. He has not gone for office like this, ever since he married Ishita. Everything was quiet cheesy, lovely, and spicy, which he relished on. However, today, it felt like he is all alone and he has come to the phase were he preferred loneliness to everything else. The way he breathed harshly, meant he is feeling extremely bad, without her. However, her anklets let him feel a bit relieved; she was coming after him or maybe she is going to her mother's, for how many days, he does not know. Turning around, he looked at her sadly, straight and blank he appeared though. "You'll think I left you, if I won't tell you that actually I want to disturb you whole day, making you think that your deed made me leave you!" She crooked her eyebrows.

"Obviously I'd!" He said actually. "You don't seem to be enduring me anymore. I doubted you, and you've all the rights to get it back at me!" He sighed and widened his eyes at her, as if he got her point just now. "You were doing drama!" His voice came amused. "I think so!" She nodded with a pout now making her lips smoochable! "Why... I mean, it hurts the most, Ishita! Even the thought of being away from you..." His voice mellowed when he took a step closer to her, only to see her flinching back. She does not want him closer, at least not now. He should know she is not going to leave him, ever; that she did as she shot a do-you-understand glance at him. "You can't make me culprit because you're one at this point Raman. You should have made me feel secure in the exact sense when I wished for. You haven't, or you couldn't. But that was the only time I blamed you for, and feared of you. It happened because you made me feel so. But I never made you feel like I've other priorities than you and our kids! So you can't completely point your finger at me, the way I do now." She crossed her hands.

"I'm also hurt, Raman." She sniveled. "Don't...don't cry, please." He moved a bit closer and wiped her tears. "I'm sorry..." He whispered. She acknowledged his apology with a meek smile and turned to leave. "I'm ready to wait until you feel okay, Ishita, but, that doesn't mean I'm going to be okay without you beside me." He quipped making her halt and turn around masking her smile with a cross look. "And what makes you think I won't be beside you after this, Raman?" She threw a dagger. "You got to learn me." She glared. "Aahhh!" He shook his head in defeat. She has become unpredictable; maybe those crazy pregnancy hormones; he cursed. At least, they are alright now! Not in the exact sense but they are.

The day was limping. He could not focus on anything but what could be that Ishita is thinking about him right now. He should have skipped office and tried to cajole her. It was not bad to be henpecked, at times! Unfortunately, he was not one, even though he would do anything that she demands, in a more virile way. "Bhai, everything's alright?" Mihir raised his eyes from his laptop and fixed them on Raman's lost figure. "Yeah, nothing's wrong!" He said stretching his legs under the table, to relax his muscles. "Any progress in the new project?" He quirked his eyebrows. "You know I've invested more time into this, and I want it done!" He was back to formal mood. "You don't have to do this to destroy Ashok. You know he doesn't deserve this importance. He's petty. Moreover, one gets what one deserves and destined." Mihir cut him, making Raman all the more furious, when heard the last philosophical point.