22|Yearning

"What's wrong with you, Shagun...!" Ashok wondered when she pushed him off and got inside the car. "Bloody hell!" He gritted furiously.

That was the instant when Ashok realized certain things. Though Shagun had been smitten by his looks and the luxury he had promised her, in order to keep up with a man like Raman who was way more inferior to him that shows how low he thinks of himself, she is still stuck with her first love. Shagun has never moved on with him as she never felt the need to wash of her love for Raman that no more seemed pure but was still there.

She could hardly stand other woman standing beside Raman but if Ashok would sleep with many random girls, she would not ask a question. There would be obvious fights but not so much that they would be on the edge of break up. However, when it comes to Raman, she had always acted maniac. Ashok has thought that he would be able to get her completely in his spell once he would marry her but he was suspicious of a good future with a woman who once ditched her loveable husband for him!

Now everything cleared out in front of him as Shagun without a second thought had declared she has nothing when she lost Ruhi and the obvious failure she faced in her married life. Though not pure, he too loved this woman but at this point, he felt relieved on the fact that he never had trusted her completely or married her. He smirked, thinking of ways to get rid of her who has just insulted him and his feelings for her so mercilessly, in a spark second.

Raman and Ishita came home along with Ruhi while their family had returned early to give them a warm welcome. They were in a celebration mood and Raman had watched everything happily, sitting in the living room with his father and father-in-law. He had noticed the glow on Ishita's face that soothed his heart. He would not have been able to enjoy this if Ruhi would not have come with them. That thought, her broken state that he had witnessed the other night when they lost Ruhi's custody made his heart sink.

That night, he did not understand why he felt it aching when he noticed her tears. He could not understand anything regarding them and those strange feelings that he probably never had felt for anyone else. However, today, he knows, he loved her long before he knew it was love. He took a deep breath watching her coming to him with a tray of juice for the men of importance while Ruhi was busy playing with Romi and Simmi.

The sweet commotion at home was warming for everyone's heart as their princess was smiling oblivious of the happy tears that fell down those pair of eyes surrounded her. They had had a great time enjoying with Ruhi and celebrating the ultimate win that bind Ruhi to them. However, Adi's absence was something that shadowed their happiness and Raman was the most affected one. Noticing those tears that are out of context, Ishita pulled his cheek making him look down chuckling, cursing her for eying him.

"Arey..., then whom should I eye, huh?" She asked impishly while he pulled her down in his lap.

"Aur paas aake dekhlo." He rasped while she wriggled away pointing towards their family who have immersed in themselves in the dining hall.
[Look coming closer.]

"No badmashi, Raman." She shook her forefinger in front of him making him nod cutely at her.

Raman was tossing and turning in the bed when Ishita and Ruhi came inside. He smiled and stretched his arms while Ruhi ran in and hugged him tight. She lied on her stomach on him while he caressed her back softly, trying to make her sleep. His other hand extended as it is Ishita's usual pillow and she cuddled closer making Ruhi open her eyes.