62|To Celebrate

He had a stressful day. All through the time, he realized, he was missing his wife so badly although she was in front of him. It seemed that everyone except him was feat to spend time with her. He was literally being shooed away, sometimes with some naughty remarks or sometimes teasing and greetings. Whatever may the reason could be; he was seething in anger. He had never been this lonely in the near past; because he never spent lonesome time at home but every time around her, if not desolate in his office. He groaned in frustration, and made his way inside his bedroom, when it was reaching the time to flaunt their happiness.

"Adi and Ruhi..., when'd they return?" Shagun asked softly, and Ishita had this look on her face that stripped Shagun, metaphorically though, sardonic at the way she expressed her concern. "I was just...asking." She could not help clear the air, as if motherly instincts are so unnatural in her case and it was apparently not intentional! Weirdo!

Afterwards, Ishita came to her room and found it empty. Her ears instantaneously followed the noise from washroom, as water droplets fell down and a buzzing of him singing heard; he was not so good at singing but she enjoys that as well; he has his own traits in him that one could admire on. She smiled and took out his new tuxedo Mihir has brought that morning, spreading it on the bed. He would look handsome; she thought shyly and shook her head for the pointless blushing. He might have just gotten inside; she made sure by asking when he would complete bathing and there came his reply that he would take some time. She decided to relax until then as she sat in the bed, leaning her back on the headboard.

Closing her eyes, she had a slight harking back to the events took place that day. It was serene, as she tried to unwind her muscles, slipping into a small snooze only to jolt open her eyes as something kept on banging her head, she looked around restively. Something pounded her heart, as she felt failed for the first time in front of Raman, as though he never had felt her love for him. That was not true, but a mere misconception for a moment; she could never be as expressive as him.

"Kabhi toh mujhe samjha karo jaan..." She held her head as those words continued to prick her; why is she thinking only about that? He had comprehended the situation and had chosen to be happy. Then why is she giving importance to that silly rambling?

It was not silly; she nodded, trying to make her grasp that her husband is not okay, in all sense. Maybe he would be happy with the news, but he could not be fine. She could not figure out what has made him think that she is not making an effort to understand him, ever! It hurt her. Did not she spare all her life, from when he had made her his, just to be with him, love him, and understand him? Then how could he even think that she never did! Maybe he has his own reasons! She should not be taking stress; she mused sadly and sighed, only to smile wide to see him standing in front of her, a furry towel wrapped around his slim waist.

"Hmm...?" He raised his chin, and started dressing up sitting in the bed.

"Why did you say that?" She queried hugging him from behind.

He understood what she meant and his hands consolingly held hers. He did not want to raise this topic now and have an emotional exchange with her. Therefore, he chose the only way to divert, grumbling at her. "I thought you don't care about me. When baby will come, you won't love me this much! I know..." He pouted while she slowly faced him and looked on amazed at his nowhere connected response. "Haan, something is there... But that's silly. This's what's serious!" He stressed and tried to button his shirt, raising his eyes at her, asking her silently to do them. "You've changed." He sighed getting up while she widened her eyes at him, but he was pointing indirectly on the way she ignored his shirt that usually she does.