Chapter-74

No one really cared! Ishita mused in frustration. She needed extra-pampering but no one seemed to be understanding that. If she says it is okay, it means it is not okay at all! She huffed when her mother left her alone in the bedroom to have some rest. She thought her conservative parents would pester her to go back to Raman, but NO! "Tsk!" She was getting mad as she ran her hand on her stomach. That was the only serenity she felt; the life was a piece of her love with whom she felt complete; she could not help wheeze annoyed at the turn of events. Only if she had a baby bump, she would have been cuter than this, and people would have showed more attention; especially Raman who would not have let her leave. He himself dropped her home, as if he wanted to get rid of her! She is thinking as if he is miles away; hell, she was exasperating herself and testing other's patience for sure.

"What?" Simmi rolled her eyes when Ishita checked herself in the mirror for the nth time. "It's usual no, Simmi!" Vandita chuckled. "I know right!" Simmi giggled and resumed. "Once it comes, we go mad. I'm getting fatter, fattest! I'm going to explode and all! How crazy!" She could not help but mock their own self. Vandita agreed as they high-fived laughing. These woman only know how to pull other's legs, making fun of others and themselves, strange! "Akka!" Ishita humph at them, clearly irritated. "Oh c'mon Ishu, you can't have a baby bump now. It's been just three months, right Simmi?" She turned to see Simmi shook her head. "...and twelve days."

"So early for that!" Vandita donned her serious face. "You don't need to have a baby bump in order to seduce Raman, Ishu! I haven't heard about such a weird idea until now!" She widened her eyes as her arms stretched at Ishita. Simmi suppressed her laughter. "I can imagine bhai's disillusionment. What'd a man do with a woman having full grown baby bump!" She wondered aloud much to Ishita's embarrassment. "He thinks I need space, but it's suffocating me." Ishita dropped in the couch sadly. She fidgeted with the hem of her saree, feeling completely worn out. "I would've come back if he hadn't dropped me, Simmi." Her eyes welled up. "You were about to hurt yourself, bhabhi. You should've used the backpack. Then you wouldn't have been sulking here like this." She is right, Ishita grumbled. A backpack would have rescued her from this misery!

Watching a stern Raman was something Mihir had forgotten lately. It has been more than a year, he had not remember the last time he got scolded by Raman for simple mistakes. There was not a mistake when he checked the clauses. What is wrong? He stormed back to Raman's cabin, only to see him throwing his mobile away; the device broke into pieces. "Bhai! What the hell is this!" The cabin was a mess. "I want to hear her voice damn it!" Raman pulled his hair. "I shouldn't have told her. I can't even call her. She won't talk to me, I'm sure... I-I think I lost her!" He dropped tired in the chair, holding his head in his palms. "What? I-I don't understand..." Mihir gulped, having ideas so gruesome at that moment. Did something happen to Ishita? He gathered himself to hear out his brother.

"It was all because of that hospital staff! He kind of manipulated things, I guess." He sighed and blurted the matter out. Damn! Mihir held his breath for a moment. Such a conniving witch Shagun is. He could not believe she was playing such a dirty game. She knew the real reports would come forth and she had another plan to create rifts between Raman and Ishita if not her death? Longsighted, she had played well until now. "I'm not going to leave Shagun!" Mihir balled his palm into fist as he turned to leave the cabin, as if he would fly home and rip his sister's throat out. "What-why Shagun?" Mihir halted hearing Raman. In no time, Raman was in front of him, prying him for answers. He has no intentions to keep him away from truth but how would Raman react to this was a big trouble. "She...did this."

Did he just say that? Mihir asked himself in his mind. He got the courage to pour it out but why is he unable to hear anything from Raman? He cleared his ears, a pain piercing through his cheekbone, right into his ear; he felt like a deaf. It took him few minutes to feel his own palm on his cheek. Wow! He lost all his sense in just a slap! "Bhai!" Mihir tried to say but he could not hear his voice. Seems like, his brother has turned him a deaf in his fury, literally. "Shut the fuck up Mihir!" Raman groaned, as another slap followed. "Do not say a word when you haven't said it when you should have done!" He warned. "You already knew that witch did this and you, you just hid this from me!" His voice shook when he said the last part. He was hurt more than angry.