39|Calmly Agitated

Incomprehension and a lurch of dread swamped her when she vaguely assumed that this man is indeed stalking her. That fear has nothing to do with the monster Ashok Khanna appears to be, but the deep buried monster the Raman Kumar Bhalla is. She does not want any complications in her life after those horrendous days in Shagun's vicinity. Third person interference would always muddle up things. However, at this point, she does not know how to handle the situation.

"You can fix an appointment Mr Khanna. I've already referred Dr Bhatra for you. Moreover, I don't do home-consulting." She said crossly and hung up without giving Ashok a second to open his mouth.

She clutched her mobile tightly and exhaled noisily. It felt like she has won a war but still she was frightened. To foster her suspicions, there came another call from Ashok stating it is something very important about Raman; that was a clear-cut lie. She felt restless and anxious hearing him, whose voice unusually expressed concern that she doubted. Maybe he is lying. He is such a pervert, who would do anything to get what he wants. However, she could not pick up what he wants now.

"What...Raman...wh-what...?" She queried in broken words.

"Please come out...meet me once..." He pleaded.

She peeped inside Mihika's bedroom after disconnecting the call, and told them she would be back after a while. Taking a gander inside her in-laws' she walked downstairs. She has to maintain a curt face and she knows that would be the only expression she could maintain in front of Ashok. How such a pathetic man he is, maybe Subbu has never made her feel this sick by a single approach. He was open and openly tried to force her whereas this man is disgustingly disguising!

When she came out, her eyes scanned the place and noticed Ashok standing near his car, a little away from kids' park cum ground where Adi was playing cricket. Before Ishita, Adi has noticed his ex-dad and tightened his grip on his bat. His mother's thoughts scurried in as he found himself getting agitated. He fixed his eyes on him when Ishita was taking measured steps towards him. Adi glanced one last time at Ashok whose back was facing him and concentrated on the ball that flew against him.

"Aahhh...!" Ashok screamed holding his head while Adi smirk standing in Hanuman posture, holding his bat while other members of the team dropped off fearing scolding.

Ishita tapered her eyes and raised her head to see her son looking gratified to witness how Ashok winced in pain. There was no injury but his head was aching too much that he lost half of his sense when Adi came confronting him. No one noticed the flower bouquet flew away from Ashok's hand that fell on a side. Adi ruffled his hair and stood weighing himself on his bat that he stumped on the ground.

"What you think of yourself Mr Ashok Khanna!" Adi asked stressing his name while Ashok fixed his droopy eyes on him. "Are you trying to misbehave with my amma?" He queried furiously, expecting no answer. "Don't even think." He warned making Ashok roll his eyes in astonishment. "Coming to this ball..." He took the ball from the ground and resumed. "It was a sixerrr!"

Ishita looked on in wonder watching how easily Adi handled Ashok. Well, this is how it feels like having a son who would make sure in every thick and thin that his mother is, unharmed. A woman in her early thirties, Ishita hardly felt like a mother of twelve-year-old boy. However, at this moment, she felt like a proud mother! She felt like crushing Adi in her arms for making her feel secured. She was not in a straight frame of mind until then but Adi changed it completely.