8• Love Again

• September 14, Friday •
• 7:15 a.m •

Steez switched his classes so now he has third and fifth block with me.

"Get out your notebooks and copy these notes. I don't want to hear any talking. You have fifteen minutes." She went to her desk. My phone vibrated and ur was Steez.

Him: Yo, your teacher has any staples? We need em.
Me: yeah.
Him: alright. The teacher gonna send me.

I put my phone in my pocket and watched the door. I heard a knock and the teacher rushed to get it.

"Hi! What's going on?" She asked.

Steez mumbled something to her.

"Come on in Jamal!"

He walked in and I coughed to get his attention. He looked at me and smiled. Once he got the staples he ran to me and hugged me.

"Hey! What's happening babygirl?" He said in my neck.

I chuckled and inhaled his cologne. "Mmm nothing. Go to class Steezy!"

He let go. "I'll see you soon." Then left.

The teacher raised an eyebrow. "Stephanie..."

I giggled. "Nooooo! He's my friend!"

"Mhm." A girl says while smirking. "You and Jamal highkey coot!"

I rolled my eyes playfully and went back to work.

• Third Block •

"He for real still mad at you?" Steez asked while we did group work.

"I guess. You saw how he was looking at me?!" I opened a box of markers.

"Yeah a little bit but doesn't he always look like that?"

"No."

"You need to drop his ass. I'm just saying." Steez suggested. "He steady looking at you like you owe him something."

"Steez that's just how he is."

"Bruh don't even squat down to his level." He scoffed and looked down at his work.

"Squat?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yup. Thats how low his ass is. Not even worth it. If he doesn't want to talk then fuck him and move on."

"Move on with a peaceful nigga from Flatbush?" I asked.

He smiled. "If you want."

"Maybe." I teased.

"Steffy make sure you're doing your work! You're talking an awful lot to Mr. Dewar." The teacher came out of no where.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm done!"

"Then turn it in at the front. Did you hear that before you started working or where you talking then?" He shot back.

"Well all I know is that I'm done so here's my paper and even if I was talking then I would've been lost!" I slammed my paper on the table and sat back down.

Steez giggled.