42• Save Your Morals For Someone Who Can Swim

A/n: Before we get into this chapter I just want to say RIP Steez. Four years ago today (12/24/12) we lost him to Suicide. 💜
~ 12.24.16

"I found it." Prince said as he sat the box down on the counter.

"What is it?" Kirk asked.

"That's for Stephanie to find out."

I touched the lid and Kirk nodded his head and I opened it.

"It's my brush, scarf...and heels." I said.

He smiled and nodded.

"Why?!" I raised my voice.

"Shh." Kirk warned. His eyes got wide.

Prince scowled and grabbed me by my hair and dragged me upstairs.

I screamed and tried to fight him. He opened a door and threw me in a dark room he slammed the door and locked it. I started panicking, the room is tight and I can't breathe.

"LET ME OUT!!!!" I hollered.

I started crying and took deep breaths.

"Steph..." I heard Kirk whisper. I can see his socks under the door. "Prince went out to cool down. He took the key with him and I can't get you out. I'll talk to you if that helps."

"Ok..." I said lowly. He shoved tissues under the door and I blew my nose. "Why do you care so much?"

"Hm?" He asked.

I cleared my throat. "Why do you care so much about me?"

He took a deep breath. "Because...I don't know! I just care. Why not care for a beautiful woman like you? Steez has got great taste in women if you ask me."

I smiled. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. I think you're his best. He'd never runaway with any girl. You're special."

"Thank you."

He slid my phone under the door. "He misses you."

Steez: I'm trying my hardest to get back to Philly. I miss my babygirl bro.

My heart sank and I gave the phone back.

"I see..."

"It's gonna be okay Stephanie. Want me to tell you why Prince is the way he is?"

I nodded my head. I forgot he can't see me. "Yes."

"Well. About a year ago Prince was trappin' like...he had his own thing going on. He was fucking wit a bitch from Cali, her name was Sally."

"Sally?!" I wrinkled my nose.

He giggled. "Nah I'm just playing. Bars though right?"

"True."

"Anyway! We called her Cookie, we didn't know her real name. Ol girl and Prince were madly in love. Like they were the couple to fuck anywhere at anytime, they had each other's back. Bonnie and Clyde."

"Alright what happened?"

"Cookie wanted to be slick and cheat on Prince. She was cheating on him with some thug from Toronto. That nigga had all the females. Prince found them fucking in HIS bed. That shit tore him apart. I decided to be his bro and look out for him. You know, be there and make sure he didn't hurt himself."

"Damn. It was that bad?" I sneezed.

"Bless you and yeah. He was drinking a lot and smoking hella weed. The nigga from Toronto tried to apologize but it ain't work. Cookie tried too but nah. That nigga was torn. Since then Prince has been very over protective and controlling with females."

"What happened to Cookie?"

"He killed her."

"WHAT?!" I screamed.

"I gotta go. That's him coming." He disappeared