29• Epitaph

This chapter is from Steez's point of view (POV)

   The clock hit 1 and I pulled up outside waiting for Stephanie. Everyone was running out, panicking.

"YO!" I called out to one of the guys running out. "WHAT HAPPENED B?!"

"ION KNOW SOME DUDES JUST CAME IN SHOOTIN UP THE PLACE!"

I turned the car off and ran inside the club. I found her passed out on the floor. I took my hoodie off and put it on her. I threw her over my shoulder and ran back to the car.

My stomach started hurting and I felt like crying. She was sweating a lot and I checked her pulse. Still breathing. I sped out of there and made it home.

   I laid her down on the bed and wiped my tears away. I don't know what to do. I don't want her working over there anymore. I'll be the only one working. She can just stay here while I go out. I'm scared and I'm not gonna front with you all. I'm scared and I don't know how we're gonna get out of this.
Pacing around the room ain't gon fix shit but I can't help it. She looks so lifeless and I'm scared like shit. What the fuck happened at that club and why?! I thank God for saving my baby but what made her pass out?
She held her head and got up slowly. I ran to her and hugged her like I haven't seen her in years. I started crying like a lil bitch and held her.

"What happened?!" I asked.

"I-I don't know. They started shootin' and I blacked out. But before I did I drank something and I think someone spiked my shit." She rubbed her face.

"Who did?"

"I don't know. Everything started moving slowly and everything had a trail then before I knew it I was out and heard shots."

"Alright. I'll find out tomorrow. Here." I gave her crackers and water. "It's a little late to eat some real food so I just went to the store and bought these."

"Thank you." She hugged me and wept. "I appreciate you and I'm sorry I take my anger out on you. I won't do it again and I know you're trying for the both of us and it wasn't fair-"

"Don't worry about it ok? You don't have to worry about anything. You won't be working there anymore."

"Where will I work then? What am I going to do?"

"Just stay home. I'll do all the work and make sure everything's in order." I smiled. "Guess how much I made today?"

"Hm?"

"$5,000."

Her eyes widened. "What?! Are you serious?"

"Yup! Today was busy for some reason and I made that much. Niggas was willing to pay $500 for a pound."

"Steez that's crazy!"

"Right. I just hope I don't get caught up with niggas with guns."

She starred into space.

"Steph." I said. "Stephanie!"

"HM?" She snapped out of it.

"You ok? What are you thinking about?"

"Promise not to get mad ok?"

"Ok..." is confused.

"Promise! Steez you have to promise. And don't say anything until I'm done."

"Alright. I promise."

She took a deep breath. "So...when I went to work-I have a "pimp" basically but yeah um...I was in a room with him and I let him finger me and eat me out. I don't know what I was thinking and Steez I'm so sorry. You know how much I love you."

End Of Steez's POV.