49• I Just Want A Pond

• 7:03 p.m •

Steez and I finished writing the song and he stared rapping and I sang the chorus. After we finished we giggled and I looked down at the white silk sheets. The street lights from outside illuminated half of the room and the lamp lit my side up. Steez's hand held mine and I looked up at him.

"Get dressed. We're going out to eat." He pulled me off the the bed.

"Again? I kinda want to just cook food and chill. I don't know about you but I'm chillin'. You being extra." I teased.

"Fine. Let's go to the grocery store. What do you wanna cook?" He sat cross legged on the floor and I looked down at him as I stood up.

"We'll find out when we get there."

"Stephanie I don't think we should be here." Steez warned as I pulled a plastic bag from the dispenser next to the tomatoes.

"What do you mean?" I dropped three tomatoes in and put it in the basket he was holding.

"Like, the vibe is weird. You feel me?"

"No I do not." I turned to him. "I miss him too but you have to calm down and be positive. That's what he wants."

"You're right. I'm just tripping." He shook his head but I knew he felt the same way. He's still worried about something.

The store was pretty quiet. there were only three other people in our aisle.

"I think-" I was interrupted by yelling.

"YO! EVERYBODY! RUN IT!" A man yelled in all black with a gun.

"Get down!" Steez ordered.

We crouched down and crawled out of the store.

"You drive!" He tossed the keys and I caught them and got in the driver's seat and he got in the backseat.

"Roll down my window." He said.

I sped down the street and he pulled a gun out. I was shocked and my heart started beating, my adrenaline was racing. He started shooting at a black Escalade.

"STEEZ STOP!" I yelled.

He didn't even acknowledge what I said.

"You know your way to the Bronx right?" Steez asked as he ducked and climbed to the passenger seat.

"NO! DOES IT LOOK LIKE-"

He cut me off. "Park in the alleyway and we'll switch spots."

I parked and we quickly switched spots. Steez took off and my heart was still racing. I felt another sharp pain in my chest.

"Steez slow down!!!" I yelled.

"Calm down! I got it!"

"I'm dead ass fucking serious! Slow down before something happens! No ones behind us. Please stop." I said as calmly as possible.

"Alright."

He slowed down on the highway.

"Thank you." I exhaled.

"Let's just get some take out. We're going back go Virginia."

I snapped my neck back at him. "Why?! You know whats gonna happen if-"

"Steffy like you said, if. I'm scared too but we gotta do what we gotta do. We're gonna go back home right now to get a couple of stuff and we'll be on our way. We're gonna be there for a day or two and we're going to Philly then back home. Okay?"

I sighed. "...Okay. Okay."

"Just trust me." His right hand rested on my left thigh. "You trust me right?"

I nodded my head.