38• Profess Infinitum

My heart was pounding in my ears and I sat down, still afraid someone will be at the door. I forgot about the window and jumped off the bed to close it. I started pacing around and texted Steez:

When are you gonna be home? I'm scared.

I waited and waited for a text back but I didn't get it. Me being me I started stressing and I crawled back into the bed. Something told me to take a nap but what if something happens while I'm asleep. God forbid, someone creeps in.

After about 30 minutes I got a text back from Steez.

Don't be. Just keep it down in the room, don't open the door and don't do anything stupid. You got me?

I texted back "yes" and tossed my phone somewhere and I swear to God I'm not hearing things, I heard a knock. But it wasn't on the door. The door is metal. It sounded like wood. Guys I'm so serious
I heard it again but it was from a distance. My heart was beating out of my chest and my throat started closing. I can't breathe. You know that feeling when your crush is behind you and you turn around and make eye contact? That's how I feel but of course not as romantic.
Footsteps were heard and I covered my mouth. I didn't want to breathe too hard and give it up. I heard another knock but this time it was on my door. They knocked on the window then the door again. I put my phone on vibrate and curled up in the corner of my bed and the wall.

"Anyone?" I heard a deep voice ask.

   If this person gets in that's it. There's not place to run. There's only one way in and out. I came up with a plan. I have a Swiss knife in my bag. I took it out and put it in front of me. They come in, I'm cutting a bitch. Whoever it was outside tried to turn the knob.

"Hey!!!" They started banging in the door harder.

"Excuse me sir!" I heard a female voice yell outside. "Leave!!! The person is not home!!!"

Whoever the guy was left and I could breathe again. I kept the knife in front of me and laid my head down on my pillow.

Steez: You good? Imma check up with you every hour.
Me: I'm fine. Some guy came to the door but he's gone now. I'm chilling, just waiting for you to come back.

   I wanna get back on the computer but that's not a good idea right now. I don't know why and don't tell me I'm trippin' but I feel like the guy is still here. Like he's watching from a distance. Could it be one of Steez's co-workers? Or could it be someone from the Strip Club?