9• Take You Higher Than The Stars Up Above

Jazz/Jasmine up there ^^

• After School •

"I told my friend about you and he wants to meet you." Steez said as we walked to my house.

"What friend?" I asked.

"You'll see. There go his house up there." He pointed to a house in the distance.

"What? Nah, I'm not going to some random niggas house." I turned around.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me. "We'll only be there for a couple of minutes."

"Steez no, I'm not comfortable..." I shook my head.

He frowned. "With me?"

"No, ok look. You're literally dragging me to a strangers house. If I dragged you to someone's house you would've been skeptical!"

"Nah, not really." He shrugged.

"Well that's cuz you a nigga and you big. You ain't scared of anything but still! You got me."

"Stephanie please? I just need to pick up some weed and we out."

"WE-" I lowered my voice. "Weed?!"

"Yeah. I gotta try some purple paralysis. You know my boy said that shit makes you wanna fuc-" I cut him off and we moved out of the street.

"Steez this is not New York! You can't smoke like that! You will get in a shit ton of trouble."

"Ewww you a square. Whatever, I'll get it myself. See you later Stef." He kissed my cheek and left.

I jogged home, did my home work and got on Instagram. Nothing new, just annoying videos and pictures with the same poses. I tossed my phone somewhere and just starred at the wall.

"What the fuck am I going to do? I need more friends. I need to treat myself." I said to myself. And I'm going to do that.

I walked into a Sephora and a Caucasian lady greeted me at the door.

"Hi! How may I help you?" She said cheerfully.

"Hello! I don't really wear makeup so I just kinda want to..." My voice trailed. I don't know what I want to do.

"Try some on?"

"Yeah! Yeah, try on some makeup."

"Follow me."

I followed her to a chair and I say down.

"What's your name hon?"

"Stephanie!" I chirped.

"Alright Stephanie, my name is Samantha. I'll be right with you."

"Alright thank you."

While I waited for Samantha a girl from school came into the store. I don't know her like that but I see her in the hall all the time.

Should I wave or act like-oh god she waved. And she's walking towards me.

"Hi Stephanie!" She hugged me. "My name is Jasmine but you can call me Jazz. What're you doing here?" She squealed.

"Nothin' just tryna get my makeup done. I don't know anything about it so the lady is gonna do it for me."

"Sameeee." Jazz said.

Samantha came back to do my makeup, I thanked her and left with Jazz.

"So how's your year been going?" She asked.

"I guess it's alright. We're seniors!!!!" I said.

"I know right!!!??!!" She agreed. "I'm excited for prom! Have you gotten your dress?"

"It's a bit early isn't it?"

"The earlier the better! Number one because they're cheaper and number 2 no one will find the same dress. I went to this website for dresses only a few people know about and they only make the dress once."

"Custom made?"

"Ehhhh. Kinda. I bought this dress from them and it's just beautiful." She showed me a picture on her phone.

"Wow

"Wow." I said in awe. "That's beautiful!"

"Thank you. But I don't know if I'll get to wear it." She said gloomily.

"What? Why?" We walked into Victoria's Secret.

"No one seems to be interested in me. Its like all the guys ignore me. I'm not even trying to flirt. I'm just being friendly and they look down on me."

"That's bull! Jazz you're beautiful. You have plenty of time. It's only September and if a guy doesn't ask you to prom when the time comes I'll go with you. It'll be a girl thing! We'll just have fun and flirt!"

"Really?!" She asked.

"Yeah!"

"Thanks Steph. You're the only girl that has given me a chance." She hugged me and I hugged back. "All the other girls think I'm lame."

"You and I both."