54• Ain't That Amazing

** CAUTION!!!! ** This chapter contains graphic imagery.

"Stephanie!!!" Raymond yelled as I let him in the house.

"Shhhh!" I hushed him.

He teared up. "I thought you were dead. Everyone thinks you're dead! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"Nothing! I'm not dead!" I chuckled and held in my tears. "I'm right here."

He hugged me. "You're foul as fuck! Where have you been?"

"Philly, New York." I said as I pulled away from the hug and we sat down on the couch.

"Are you serious!? With who!? That boy from Brooklyn?!" He yelled at me.

"Yeah..." I looked down at my lap.

"I can't believe this! You're selfish as fuck! You know that right?" He scowled at me.

"Me!? Selfish!? Let's not forget that you were the one that called me gullible and shit like that! You were showing you're true colors! If I would've died that would've been the last thing you said to me! You better get that shit out my ear!" I growled.

"Stephanie I apologize but your family have been looking for you for the longest! They love you so much and for you to just up and leave like they wouldn't care or even notice is selfish. Imma tell them." He stood up and stopped right in front of the door. "Im going to tell them you're here and alive."

"RAY NO! I won't hesitate..." I stood behind him gripping the handle of a kitchen knife behind my back.

"I have to." Before he opened the door I drove the knife into his ear through his head and he fell to the ground. I screamed and realized what I've done I started crying. I just killed my best friend. His blood was all over me, I thought about taking the knife out. He's dead. He's gone. I pulled the knife out and I don't even know what was on it. His brain, skin?! Just a chunk of something, I have no idea!
   I raced upstairs tripping over the stairs and yanked my phone off the charger and called Steez. I was crying so hard that I had to gasp for air in between and continuously wipe my eyes.

Steez: Hey-
Me: I KILLED RAYMOND!
Steez: what-YOU WHAT?! STEPH YOU TRIPPIN! I CANT GO BACK RIGHT NOW! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
Me: What do I do?! He's just laying there near the door! I stabbed him because he was about to tell Dad and Issa that I was in town and I couldn't let him do that!
Steez: Oh my god! What the fuck?! WHY WAS HE THERE?!
Me: I was lonely and missed him! So...so I called him...
Steez: I'm on my way. I'll be there by 11-12. Don't panic. Don't call no one, don't open the door, don't do anything...just wait for me. Alright?
Me: okay hurry!!!

   We got off the phone with each other and I put my head in my hands and cried. My head was pounding and my eyes laid heavy. My hands were covered in Ray's blood. Stained. I'm not going back down there till Steez comes. The smell of his blood filled the house and I gagged. I'm going to have to live the rest of my life knowing I killed my best friend. What have I done?

I fucked up.