56• My Sweet Rigmarole

• 3:42 p.m •

We got on the plane to Los Angles. I couldn't stop thinking about what I just did and Steez felt that.

"It's gonna be alright." He whispered to me. "Just think about the future. I promise it's gonna be okay."

I nodded my head.

"Come'mere." He put my head on his chest and rubbed my back.

"I just never thought I'd do something like that..." I said lowly. "I knew he didn't want to hurt me. He just wanted me to be safe and in return I killed him. His parents probably looking for him! Steez you don't understand, I killed someone that could've been...someone-something. On top of that he was always there for me."

"I know, I know." He continued rubbing my back and kissed my forehead. Mr. Rager played in my headphones and it didn't make any of this better.

"How am I going to go to sleep? I regret all of this. Jamal I need to turn myself in." I got off his chest and yanked the earbuds out of my ears.

His eyes widened and he covered my mouth. "NO! Stephanie shut up! Don't ever say that shit every again. Just be calm aite?"

I covered my face.

"Aite?!" He asked again.

"Okay." I nodded my head and moved my hands from my face. Steez hugged me and I feel asleep on him.

• 30 mins later •

I jolted awake and held onto Steez. I was sweating a threw the blanket off of me.

"What's wrong?" He mumbled. "Bad dream? It's alright. I got you."

I picked my head up and rubbed my forehead. "Ugh."

"Here." He handed me a bottle of water and ibuprofen.

"Thank you." I took the pills and chugged down the whole bottle and gave it back to him.

"You alright? You need to eat?"

I shook my head.

"Mm mm. Here. It's not much but it's something." He gave me a bag of pretzels.

"Thank you." I thanked him again.

"Let me know if you need anything. You should stay up till we get there. Never had a nightmare before?" He whispered.

"No. Not until now. I don't like them."

"No one does. It'll be alright." He rubbed my shoulders. "They'll go away. I have them all that time."

"Why?"

"Why? Because I'm always doing some shit that could get me killed. This, right now. Could get me killed. Just keeping it G. Im risking my life everyday when I'm with you but it's for you. It's for us."

I nodded my head slowly and fanned myself.

"You still hot?"

"Nah. I mean, I don't know how I feel but it's a lot." I chuckled nervously.

"Overwhelmed?" He smiled showing his teeth.

"Yeah I guess." I moved around in my seat.

"It'll pass in a little bit."

I ate the pretzels and looked down at the clouds.

"You flew before?" I asked while looking down.

"Yeah. I flew to Virginia."

"Oh that's cool!! I never flew before!" I said excitedly.

"I can tell. It's not scary is it?"

"Nope!" I chirped.

"You like it so far?"

I shrugged. "It's coo."

He laughed. "That's it? It's coo?"

"Yeah." I cheesed.

He smirked and shook his head.