30• Evol Love

He looked hurt and looked away. My heart was racing and I didn't know what to expect. Knowing him he'll either reply calmly or blow up. He's unpredictable and that scares me. He took a deep breath.

"What's his name?" Steez asked while twisting one of his dreads.

"Prince..."

"So...I'm out here risking my life selling this weed, starring into barrels, and dealing with your bullshit just to find out you let another nigga other than me touch you? This how shit works now?!"

"Jamal no. I wanted to keep the job so I let him do whatever. I know I'm wrong! I'm so wrong and you have the right to be mad but I love you and I don't want you to leave me. I can't do this on my own."

"Reallllllly?" He gritted his teeth.

"Yes. I love you so much. Please forgive me."

"We're going there tomorrow and I swear to God if he says some shit I don't like I'm sending him to golden gates." He got up, opened a drawer and pulled a gun out.

"No, no, no. That'll be two shootings, two times in a row."

"And?! I don't like when niggas fuck with what's mine. I'm not mad at you baby girl. Imma take care of it aite? Make sure these niggas know you're mine and I'm not fucking around."

I felt a lump in my throat. "What happened to taking care of things peacef-"

"Fuck that! You think imma let him do that shit like it's ok?"

I rubbed my face.

"Do you?!"

"No, no. I'm not gonna get in your way ok? Do what you want as long as you're not getting hurt."

"Aite. No problem."

I crawled into the bed. "I'm going to sleep ok?"

"Ok. Good night baby. I love you."

"I love you too."

   I drifted off to sleep and heard Steez leave the room. I wanted to asked him where he was going but I was so tired and left it alone. His footsteps were quiet and I can only hope he's not going out to do anything crazy.

• September 19, Wednesday •
• 8:59 a.m •

I woke up with a headache and felt Steez's arm wrapped around my body. His face was buried in my neck and his hair tickled my face. I felt safe and loved. His body pressed against mine made me happy.
His snores made me sleepy again and knocked me out. I wonder where he went last night. I didn't even look at him to see if he took anything with him. I probably did look but don't remember. Yesterday is kind of a blur.
My imagination ran wild and I saw him finding Prince somehow and killing him without a trace. He seems sneaky like that and he was past upset. He didn't explode like I expected him to but it was still very intimidating.
I stopped thinking about Steez and thought about Raymond and the bloodstone he gave me. It's somewhere in my bookbag and now I'm starting to think about Jasmine. I dreamed about them and felt a blanket of peace come over me.