48• Make It How It's Supposed To Be

Everyone decided to go back home. The city was more quiet and I didn't know what to do. Steez was sitting on the bed next to me with his hands covering his face. He started crying silently. I hugged him and he held onto me like a little boy.
My heart physically hurts. Every time I took a breath it felt like a knife stabbing me. His tears fell onto my grey shirt. Seeing and hearing him cry hurts me the most. Seeing any man cry hurts.
His head rested on my chest. I didn't let go of him. His hair tickled my chin and his tears seeped in and touched my skin making me shiver. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly. I tried to get him off of me so he can vent but he held onto me. My head rested on his and we both just cried.

After an hour Steez finally got off of me and wiped his eyes.

He shook his head. "I'm sorry Stephan-"

"No no no." I cut him off. "It's okay. We both needed that."

He sighed and giggled. "Tired as fuck."

"Same." I said lowly while drawing on the sheets with my finger.

"Come on. He patted the space next to him on the bed. "Take a nap with me."

"Um yeah. Will it make you feel a little better?"

"It'll let me know that you're safe. We gotta look out for each other alright?"

I nodded my head.

"Alright?" He asked again while making me look up at him.

"Yes." I rolled to my side of the bed and laid my head down on Steez's chest. He played with my hair and his heartbeat lulled me to sleep.

5:56 p.m •

One of Steez's dreads poked the inside of my nose. I woke up with a stank face and slapped his neck.

"AH!"

"Why was your dread in my nose?!"

"What?!" He squinted at the lamp I turned on. 

"Your hair is always on me!"

"I apologize." He kissed my cheek.

"It's okayyy." I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. Before I walked in the bathroom he said something.

"I had a dream."

"Yeah? What happened Martin?"

He chuckled. "I saw Kirk. Sounds crazy but I did. He told me that we shouldn't be sad. To celebrate his death and to keep pushing like he's still here."

I smiled. "Sounds like something he would say."

I finished freshening up and met Steez at the bed again.

"You wanna help me write this song?" He asked.

"Yeah! Whatchu wanna write about? What's your topic?"

"Let's write about family."