21• Skipping States

We came back to the neighborhood and walked into an alleyway.

"Why the fuck are we in an alleyway?" I questioned. It was wet outside from the rain earlier.

"Shortcut."

"Looks sketchy. Let's just turn around and go the other way."

"We already in it, calm down mama."

A light skin dude with dreads came out the cut asking questions. "What's your name Ma?"

Steez spoke up. "Don't worry about it? The fuck you want bro?"

"I want to know who she is."

"It's none of yo business nigga. Move!" I said boldly.

"It's alright. I'll catch you later." He stared at me and walked past us.

"I think he knows me and Issa." I whispered to Steez.

"Who's Issa?"

"My brother."

"No one is touching you or getting you. I have you now and if a nigga wanna be curious it's a fucking wrap."

I chuckled.

"I'm dead fucking serious. You're mine." He grabbed my hand tightly.

"Ok, ok." I said.

"You understand?"

"Yes Steez."

??? POV

"Yeah...she's here. Steez...alright imma be on the look out...catch you later b." I hung the phone up and watched them from a distance.
Issa's a good friend of mine and I'll do anything for him. That's my brother. He called me up telling me his sister ran away and I found her with that nigga Steezy. He's dangerous and she shouldn't be around him.

End of ???'s POV

"Steez it's time to go, like right now." I panicked. "I swear to God that nigga knows Issa!" I paced around the living room.

"Baby you tryna leave right now?!" Steez frowned and took a sip of lemonade.

"As soon as possible! The longer we stay here the more info he'll get and once we're caught we're in some shit."

"Fine alright. I hear you. Let's go." He stood up from the couch. "MA!"

"What Jamal?" She yelled from her room.

"Stephanie and I going to Philly." He said nonchalantly.

"Philadelphia?! The hell going on over there?"

"Nothing we really gotta go." He said impatiently.

"Alright. Be safe and make sure y'all visit. See you guys later."

We grabbed our bookbags and got on the road. Everything is moving fast but I like it. Skipping states with my boyfriend, it's paradise but it's risky. Especially because we're underage.
I've never been on a road trip like this so it's new and I like it. I've been to New York. I'm happy to say that and now I'm making my to Philly! But I'm not getting carried away. We still have to hide and we're still not safe.

"You hungry?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Just a little cold."

"Check my back for a hoodie. I should have one in there."

I unzipped his bag and pulled some stuff out until I found a hoodie and put it on.

Steez chuckled and it started raining.

"What?"

"Nothin'. You just cute as fuck."