Chapter 1

"Stop it Louis, it's getting annoying." Niall said.

"I didn't do anything," Louis said with his blue eyes fixed on one particular person standing near a locker.

"This is our second day in this school and you've already started drooling over men. Wanna display your gayness in a single moment?" Niall joked, his thick Irish accent clear in his voice. And yes, Louis was gay and it never bothered Niall. They met three years ago and were inseparable since then. Perfect best friends with tons of imperfections.

"But look at him! He's so hot, just look at his pretty brown curls, his amazing emerald green eyes - " Niall cut him off and said, "Just shut up already, I didn't ask you to give a long speech on his 'beauty'. Go ask his name and hang out with him. It's simple. Stop moping like a love struck girl!"

Louis looked at the group of girls around the boy and sighed. All of them seemed to try to get his attention while he talked to some other girl. He was straight. Louis concluded. He would never date a boy. He was stupid to have a crush on the hottest and the 'straightest' guy in his new school. Was he really...

"I actually wish I were a love struck girl." Louis said, emphasizing on the word 'girl'.
Niall barked a laugh, almost tripping over himself. Louis knew he would be wondering how on earth such an idea popped up in his mind. But if you didn't already know, this is Louis William Tomlinson's mind. Anything and everything can come into his mind (though sometimes nothing comes in his mind and that's what explains the F on his test).

"Why would you want to be a girl?" Niall asked, struggling to stifle his laughter which was grabbing unnecessary attention from the other students around them. Louis held his books in his hands and leaned against his locker, sighing dreamily, "That boy is straight and I can't actually turn him gay or something and force him to like me. If I were a girl, things would have been simple, don't you think so?"

Niall shook his head in disbelief and opened his locker and took out the books. Before he could speak, Louis said, "And above all, I wouldn't be bullied for being gay and I would be still in my previous school. Liking a guy wouldn't be considered wrong." Louis tried to say it without any emotion but failed miserably. Niall noticed the slight tint of sadness in his voice and frowned. He wanted Louis to forget about the past. They were in the new school now. They could always hope that things would be better here.

"Louis, you don't have to think all that stuff, okay? That boy isn't the only attractive boy left on earth. You can find someone else who is gay, can't you?" Niall asked.

"I can't control my liking towards a person and he's not some ordinary person - " Louis spared a second to look at the boy surrounded by girls and turned his attention beck to Niall, "- he's so different from other 'attractive' boys, have you seen the dimples that adorn his cheeks when- " Niall's hand was placed on his mouth before he could continue appreciating the boy. Louis tried hard not to bite his hand.

Niall removed his hand and adjusted the books in his arms and said, "Yeah, I got it. Just don't start your 'have you seen' lecture. Do whatever you want to do with your crush and let's move in the class."

Louis nodded and started walking towards the classroom but not before having a last look at the curly haired boy. "Do you think the boy looks at me?" Louis asked, still moving with the same speed.
Niall eyed him from head to toe and then looked straight ahead and replied, "Keeping in mind your baggy jeans, an oversized sweater and a scarf that's covering most of your face, I don't think he has looked at your face and even if he did look at you, he would've considered you a moving heap of clothes. Now why would you dress up like this? Your striped shirts and suspenders were better."

Louis stopped in his tracks and turned towards the blonde bloke and pouted slightly before speaking in a high pitched voice (though every word he utters is high-pitched), "It was cold, I couldn't go without a sweater. And I want him to see me when I'm dressed like a Prince."

Niall laughed hysterically before imitating his girlish tone in the last sentence, "...when I'm dressed like a Prince." Louis rolled his eyes, hardly paying attention to the blonde. Niall had his Mathematics class while Louis had English. Louis mentally grinned because the curly haired boy also had English.

Louis entered the classroom and occupied a seat in the back where he was hardly noticeable. He placed his books on the table and then directed his eyes towards the boy sitting on one of the front benches. Louis noticed the bouncy curls that moved when the boy moved his head towards other classmates. The boy's smile was adorable, dimples appeared on his cheeks which had a strange effect on Louis. The boy turned his head to the front and Louis could no longer stare at the pretty face but he entertained himself by gazing at the brown curls. Mr. Grimshaw entered and started teaching after a formal greeting.

Soon enough, it was lunch and Louis moved along with Niall. They sat at a table and started eating. Well, Niall was the one doing the eating (more like stuffing his mouth with food) while Louis fed his eyes by looking at the same lad who now sat with the popular students of the school and a bunch of girls still followed him. Louis didn't quite feel hungry. He did eat but a miniscule about didn't count. Niall had finally eaten his food but don't dare to say he didn't feel hungry! He was always hungry.

Niall realized Louis was still staring at the boy.
"Don't tell me you're planning to eat him as lunch." He joked. Louis frowned slightly but his frown deepened after seeing the grave expression on Niall's face. In a few seconds, Niall started laughing hysterically and Louis rolled his eyes. "It wasn't even funny." Louis commented.

"Yeah, but your face was!" Niall managed to speak while laughing.

"You wanted to be a girl, right? No offence mate, but you are already a girl." Niall remarked.

Already a girl. The phrase echoed in his mind. Niall was joking, right? But his words gave him an idea.

A brilliant idea.

Or that's what he thought.
[Hope you liked it!]