Chapter 26

Louis' P.O.V. –

I leaned against my locker, looking down. Zayn could reveal my identity any minute and I don't know if I'll be able to face the consequences. I have already pleaded enough times but he won't listen. The only word in his mind is 'revenge'. Why does he want revenge? I never did anything wrong on purpose. I didn't force him to have a crush on me. But Harry... I never intended to hurt Zayn but he is too furious since he found out the truth. Harry was the target of my plan, what would be his reaction when he finds out? His reaction would be even worse. What would he do?

Would he dump me? Would he leave me all alone?

"You lied to me." A 'beautiful deep voice' said and I looked up to see two green eyes staring at me with a strange expression.

So, Zayn told him. And now he knows that I lied to him. I can do nothing except waiting for what happens next. I looked away, not ready to accept this situation. I can't look into his eyes. I waited for him to speak something but he didn't. I could feel his eyes on me and I looked down.

He stood still and I decided to look at him. I looked up and found an unreadable emotion in his eyes.

"W-What are you t-talking about?" I blurted out before thinking.

"You already know what I'm talking about. You told me that you're worried about Mr. Grimshaw's behavior but you still look sad. Don't you trust me enough to tell me the truth?" He said. I felt relieved but I know this relief won't last long.

"I t-trust you b-but I d-don't want t-to tell, please?" I said and he nodded in understanding. He smiled brightly, showing his pretty dimples and white teeth. I smiled shortly and stared in his eyes. I might not be able to see the love in his eyes for me after some time. He would eventually find out.

"I hate seeing you sad. You're not the type of girl to worry about things. I love you because you're so carefree and cheerful the whole day. Your smile is contagious. You make others happy." He said and I smiled momentarily. He hated seeing me sad? Would he make me sad by leaving me? And for some reason, I felt that it was all wrong. He was not supposed to love me. He must not say all these words. I don't deserve them anymore.

He loves m – no, he loves 'Louise'.

The thought left me confused. I felt a certain ache in my heart. Under normal circumstances, Harry would have been the person to make all this pain go away but I was sure that now, he would be the reason of my pain when he finds out the truth. But he would be hurt, isn't it? I don't want to hurt him. I love him. I can't see him hurt.

" – Are you ready?" Harry asked. Was he speaking something all this time? I didn't pay attention to his words. I simply nodded, still unaware of what he said.

"Okay, we'll not have the tutoring session today. It's final." He said. He was talking about canceling the tutoring session but why? Did he tell the reason? Well, I was quite lost in my thoughts all this time. I wanted to spend more time with him before anything happens but now it couldn't happen.

"Do you love me Harry?" I asked dreamily.

He furrowed his eyebrows and gently kissed me on the cheek.

"Of course I love you. Don't ever doubt that." He said. This might be the one of the last times when he's telling me he loves me.

"I love you." I said with a faint smile on my face.

What would I do without his love? I don't want to feel lonely as I used to feel before. I touched the necklace on my neck and pulled it slightly to look at it.

Cupid.

It said.

Harry's P.O.V. –

Louise was hiding something. That was clear. And I'm somewhat disappointed that she didn't tell me the reason of her sadness. Should I plan something to make her happy? I could do that. But I wonder if she would agree.

Zayn wanted to talk to me and had asked me to go to his house. I had to cancel the tutoring session with Louise reluctantly. Presently, I stood outside Zayn's luxurious house. I knocked at the door one time and the door was immediately opened by a wide-eyed Zayn.

"Finally, you reached my house. Now come inside and follow me." He spoke a bit too fast and I took a few seconds to interpret his words. I nodded and followed him silently.

"Mum, Harry is here!" Zayn's little sister said but Zayn ignored her and dragged me into his room.

He released my arm and locked the door. He opened his mouth to speak but he tugged his hair and paced around the room. I've never seen him in this condition before. What could be the reason that worried him to such an extent? He paused abruptly and swung his hands on his sides.

"How do I say it without sounding weird?" He mumbled to himself.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked blankly.

He looked at me and said, "It isn't what it seems. 'Louise' has been fooling you for a long time and you need to realize that all of this is a lie."

I frowned in confusion and stared at him blankly. What kind of lie was he talking about? I already discussed a 'lie' with her but he shouldn't know it. And why would Louise fool me?

"Would you just tell me what you're talking about?" I asked, utterly puzzled.

He took a deep breath and spoke, "This 'Louise' is a boy."