Chapter 39

Louis' P.O.V. –

"I'm gay."

"-mum told me that she loves me and told me that I could tell her anything – Wait...what did you just say?!" I yelled in surprise. Did I hear something else? Is he gay?

"I'm gay." Niall said.

My best friend is gay and I didn't know it! He might be bisexual though. But I didn't expect this.

"Didn't you have a crush on Taylor?" I asked with widened eyes.

"She's pretty. But I never actually had a crush on her. I was almost forcing myself to like her because I didn't want to be gay but I've realized that I don't like girls." Niall told me and I was smiling widely. It's not easy to accept yourself as gay. It sounds simple but it isn't.

"Do you have a crush on someone? Does he go to our school?" I questioned curiously.

"Do you remember Liam?" He asked.

"Of course I do." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Uh...we kissed and – "He began but I cut him off, "Oh Hyena had his first kiss with Liam! Don't tell me you started laughing when he was kissing you. Does that mean he's gay? Then we have three gay boys in sophomore year. We should celebrate – "

"Shut up Louis. You're rambling. And it wasn't my first kiss. You're the one who has virgin lips, not me." He said.

I turned red and protested, "I don't have virgin lips. I kissed Harry."

I heard him chuckle and he said, "You're too ignorant of this world, baby Lou."

"I'm no t a baby." I argued.

"Whatever Lou." Niall said, chuckling. I'm not a baby. Why did he say that? Am I'm not ignorant of the world. I have a lot of information about the structure of Earth. Earth is the world, isn't it?

"Who kissed first? Where did you kiss?" I asked him, becoming excited again.

"He kissed me first. We were discussing the chemistry project." He said. I had just forgotten that Niall and Liam were partners in the project.

"Did you tell your parents?" I asked.

"No, they're homophobic. You're the first person I've told. I want to tell Greg but I'm scared about his reaction." He informed.

"When do you plan to come out of your closet?" I asked, smiling.

"I hope it happens soon enough but I'm scared if Liam wants to date me." He said, sighing into the phone.

"Aren't you dating yet?" I asked him.

"Not yet. I like him a lot but he hasn't asked me out." He said.

"Don't worry. He would be as scared as you are." I said. Liam was gay. That explains why he never said anything rude to me. He always seemed nice.

"What is going on between you and Harry?" Niall asked.

It's so obvious. The chromatography project was going on – wait, the question meant something else.

"He asks me what happened in the classroom and what was the reason behind my plan but I won't tell him." I said, lowering my voice for some unknown reason.

"If he asks those questions all the time, why don't you tell him? He still loves you." Niall said.

"He never loved me, he loved 'Louise'." I corrected him.

I heard him sigh loudly as he said, "You are quite oblivious. And you didn't tell me what happened in the classroom. We're best friends; you don't have to hide things from me."