Chapter 28

Harry will say 'he' or 'she' because he's confused.
Harry's P.O.V. –

"Are you hiding something from me?" I asked Louise and she looked up at me in astonishment. If she is a 'boy', she must know what I'm saying. I observed her eyes keenly and tried to ignore the fear that was prevalent in her pretty blue eyes. Why was she scared? Did she actually lie to me about being a girl?

"W-What do you m-mean?" She spoke, stuttering. I raised an eyebrow, trying to pester her.

"It seems you're constantly hiding something from me." I said.

"I'm just thinking a lot these days. It's nothing important." She said, looking away.

She was never so conserved. It seems Zayn would've told her that he would let out her secret. But I shouldn't jump to conclusions. But it's still unsatisfactory. She would tell me so many things even if she thought they weren't important. She was crying over the fact that she couldn't choose a dress. Hearing her cry was heartbreaking but the reason for her tears had made it cute.

"Anyways, I love you and I'll always love you." She said and took me by surprise. She has confessed this already but she has been saying this for a while now.

"I love you." I said bluntly, feeling bad for being so emotionless right now. Hurt flashed in her eyes momentarily and I just wanted to kiss her. But I must not to anything that might hurt me later. I don't want to hurt her either.

What if Zayn misunderstood the situation? It would be so wrong to doubt on my girlfriend.

"Will you tutor me today?" She asked; her eyes shone with hope.

"You've improved a lot in Chemistry. I think there have been enough sessions till now. I could help you in the future if you face any problem." I said. She looked hurt and I instantly regretted my words. But I had to do it. I wanted more time to find out the truth. Somehow, it felt wrong to spend time with her. I'm not even sure if I know the reason.

She nodded slowly and spoke, "Yeah, that's fine. I wouldn't have been able to attend our tutoring session today either because I was going to my friend's house. That was the reason I asked you that question." I could tell that it was not 'fine' for her. Her eyes held that expression. But I didn't say anything else. She wouldn't be at her own house this evening.

Now this gave me an idea. I could possibly figure out if Louise had lied about being a girl. I needed to find out about Louis' existence. I just needed to execute the plan correctly. The bell rang, indicating the end of that class. I left the class and walked towards my locker. I had to do it if I wanted to know if Zayn is wrong. But for some reason, I wanted to trust Louise. I felt a strange fear of losing her.

The day seemed to pass quickly and I stood outside the school campus. I started walking in a specific direction. I walked for a few minutes before I stood in front of the house.

I stood in front of the Tomlinson's residence. It was her house. It was the place outside which I had waited for her so many times that I lost count. And I realized that she never introduced me to her parents, not even as a friend. I had never stepped inside that house.

I stepped closer to the door and knocked. I anxiously waited for someone to open the door. I could hear certain noises from the inside and the door was opened by a blonde girl. She would be her little sister. She looked at me suspiciously and then said loudly, turning towards the inside of the house, "Mum, there's a boy at the door."

A woman appeared and I could tell she was Louise' mum.

"Who are you?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.