Chapter 45

Louis' P.O.V. –

I looked at the door in front of me and wiped my cheeks dry. I don't want to cry when I enter my house. I knocked at the door and the door was swung open immediately by my mum. She looked worried and her eyes widened when she looked at me. She pulled me inside and closed the door.

"Where were you Lou? And what happened?" She asked, slightly touching the bruise on my cheek.

"Did someone hurt you? Are they bullying you again?" She asked, panicking.

I simply stared at her and didn't utter a word.

"Lou? What's the matter?" Lottie said, coming towards us.

"Lou, please tell me." Mum said, tearing up at my condition.

I bit my lip to hold back tears as I debated with myself if I should tell her.

I walked past her and rushed upstairs and opened the door of my room and sat on the edge of my bed. I knew mum and Lottie were following me but I didn't bother to shut the door. I dropped the bag on the floor that was hanging on my shoulder.

Mum tried to crush my bones. (We can use that as an alternative for 'bone crushing hug', can't we?)

"Honey, tell me what happened. You can tell me anything." She said, pulling away slightly and petting my beanie-clad head.

Should I tell her? Mr. Grimshaw told me that mum would kick me out if I told her. Would she do that again?

"No, you'll hate me." I said, leaning towards her and bursting into tears.

She gently grabbed my face and shook her head wildly.

"I would never do that. I could never hate you. I didn't hate you when I disowned you. That was a lie. It was a mistake." She said. Does this mean she never hated me? Should I...tell her?

"Now tell me what the matter is?" She said, tears welling up in her eyes.

I hugged her tightly before gaining the courage to speak.

"I never told you why I became I girl, isn't it?" I asked her and she nodded sadly.

"I did it for Harry. I know it was stupid to do but while I was pretending to be a girl, I had the best time of my life. I didn't get bullied. I was successful in seducing Harry. That sounds so wrong. No one judged me for liking boys. I made more friends. No one left me alone. No friend left me alone. No one... and if I were actually a girl, maybe...maybe dad wouldn't have left me." I said, looking at my mum who looked sad.

She opened her mouth to say something but I continued, "There were some bad results of that though. My English teacher started staring at me."

"What!" She exclaimed but I chose to continue speaking.

"After Harry found out I am a boy, the whole school started assuming things about me. I was bullied and it continues till date. Some claimed that I did it to seduce my teacher. Mr. Grimshaw didn't stop staring at me. And one day, I was late for his class because of the bullies and he asked me to stay after class and then he... Then He – I didn't want – he...touched me...inappropriately." I said, looking down.

I heard a sharp intake of breath and my mum hugged me from the side and spoke as soft as she could, "Did he rape you?"

I shook my head violently and I spoke up, "He didn't go all the way. I ran away before he could do anything. But today...I was late for his class and he called me outside the school and touched me again."

"Do you hate me?" I asked quickly.

"No, it wasn't your fault. I think we should call the cops. I can't let him touch you, Lou." She said, crying and hugging me tightly. I melted in her embrace and cried as much as I could.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't there when you needed it the most. I feel so terrible...The teacher doesn't deserve to be in the school." She said.

"I'm s-scared." I said in a broken voice.

"You shouldn't be." She said.

"I f-feel d-disgusted with myself." I said, sobbing loudly by now.

She pulled away and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Your teacher is disgusting." She said.

Wait.

It wasn't my mum's voice.

I turned to look at Lottie who was standing near the door with Fizzy. I looked at Fizzy with a confused expression. We hadn't talked to each other after her sudden outburst when mum accepted me back into the house. And she seemed to notice the look I gave her.

"I'm so sorry for being rude to you after mum accepted you." Fizzy said, looking guilty.

"It is okay." I mumbled.

"Never feel disgusted about yourself. The pervert must be feeling that." Mum said, kissing my forehead.

I'm already telling her a lot of things. Why not tell her everything?

"Harry assumed like other people today. I went there for the chemistry project but he... He told me that he doesn't love me anymore." I said, sobbing quietly and looking down.

Mum lifted up my chin gently and said, "There are so many people who love you. You shouldn't be affected by that."

"But I love him."

"You could get over him."

"I can't."

"I can't convince you though. You're naturally a stubborn kid." Mum said, sighing in defeat.

She could be correct. I shouldn't be affected by what he says or whom he dates. But I still feel sad.

Our conversation was followed by a family hug and it rather got emotional. All of them wanted to comfort me but I still yearned to hug one person in particular.

I know I can't get over him.

I love Harry.

Maybe I love him too much.

Too much.

Harry's P.O.V. –

"Hello." I said into the phone.

"Hi baby, are you missing me?" Taylor replied cheerfully.

"I think it's not right."

"What're you talking about? Are you talking about the date I planned? But I think that is wonderful. We can a lot of things that time."

"I want to break up with you." I said bluntly.

It was silent for a while before she spoke up, "What happened, Harry? Why are you doing it all of a sudden? You can't dump me like that."

"I don't like you Taylor. I don't' even remember why I agreed to date you. I love someone else." I said.

"How could you say that? And who is this 'someone else'?"

I gulped before replying, "Louis."

"Louis?! Are you talking about the fag who pretended to be a girl? Oh, doesn't this mean you're gay? Even worse, did you use me as a beard?"

"Don't call him a fag and you were the one who was too desperate to date me."

"I wasn't desperate. You're no fun anyways. If this is what you want, then we're over. Go enjoy with that slut – "

"Don't ever call him a slut!" I roared into the phone.

"Whatever. We're over. And remember that we'll never get back together."

"I don't care. Bye."

"You – "

I hung up before she could speak anything else. My mind was in turmoil and I could hardly make any decision. I love Louis. And I told him something else. I can't live without him. Life would be so languid without the only person that illuminates my life.

I've hurt him too much.

And the root cause of the misunderstanding was my 'best friend' Zayn Malik. I didn't know he would do such a thing. But why did he do that? Mystery.

But I never knew what was about to happen next...