Chapter 18

Louis' P.O.V. –

I looked at the huge list of songs and tried to select a particular song. 'Hello' sounds interesting. I hardly listen to songs and I hadn't heard about this one either. The artist was 'Adele' and I assume it's a female. I played the song and listened carefully. The song sounds sad. The singer has an amazing voice. I moved my head slightly along with the song and then played another song. The song was named 'The whisperer' and sounded creepy. I closed my eyes and suddenly felt as if I was a character in a horror movie. I got up from the bed and moved across the room slowly. I quickly stopped playing it and clicked on another song named 'Uptown Funk.'

I've heard this song and...just dance. I jumped on the bed and started moving my body along with the beat. Oh yeah, dance, dance and just dance. As the chorus began, I jumped and danced, really liking the soft bed below my feet. The song stopped and I pouted sadly. How dare this laptop interrupt me while I'm dancing? I got off the bed and went inside the bathroom, looking for a tooth brush. It can act as a substitute for a microphone, isn't it?

I grabbed a random brush and quickly sat stepped up on the bed. I opened my bag and tore a few pages from a notebook and folded them to make a paper crown for me. Now the princess is ready to set her royal feet to dance. I still held the notebook in my hand and clicked on another song named 'Can't feel my face.' The title seems interesting. How would a person not feel a face? This reminds me of 'the headless frog'. Or was it 'the headless ghost'? It doesn't matter anyways.

I raised the volume and stood up, dancing and jumping on the soft bed. I held the toothbrush in my right hand and adjusted the paper crown on my head. I really liked the song, it instigated me to go insane (if I'm not insane already.) and I did all the weird dance moves.

I think I couldn't feel my mind at that moment and I completely lost my senses. I do think that I never feel I have a mind but that would be insulting and I also think that I'm Einstein's descendant. I swayed my head foolishly and raised the toothbrush in the air. I felt like a crazy goat that got inside a club. I'm a brainless cow who forgot that it's vegetarian. I feel like a dog that started chirping – Okay enough, the point is conveyed.

I turned towards the wall and started jumping. I wouldn't call it dancing because I wasn't even aware of what I was doing. I turned around and stopped my movements abruptly, extending my right arm towards the ceiling and adjusting the notebook in my left arm and stood still. The door of the room was open and a pretty young girl stood there with wide eyes and a shocked expression. Her hand was still on the door and it seemed that she had just entered the room.

"Who are you?" She asked with a surprised voice.

"I'm the statue of liberty." I stated, trying not to blink my eyes. She looked at me in confusion and furrowed her eyebrows. I held the toothbrush as if it was the torch and the notebook and the paper crown were further additions to my attire of the statue of liberty. Harry emerged from the behind and looked at me and then at the girl. His eyes were wide and he looked worried. That was when I noticed the slight resemblance in the girl and Harry. So this girl must be his elder sister Gemma. What a way to introduce myself!

"Louise...Are – Are you d-drunk...again?" Harry asked worriedly. I looked at the grave expression on his face and regained my normal posture. Was I troublesome while I was drunk? Harry seemed so worried. I can't even describe his expression.

"I'm not drunk." I said, trying to look into Gemma's eyes.

"Are you his girlfriend?" Gemma asked me and my eyes widened. We had just started dating and he never asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend." Harry replied on my behalf and I let out a sigh of relief. Did he just call me his girlfriend? I didn't know I had a boyfriend. I looked at them and frowned.

Both of them are so short.

Wait.

I'm standing on the bed and that is the reason I feel taller than them.

Gemma looked at Harry with a strange expression and she looked like an angry gorilla that is about to cut me into pieces and then feed itself. Gemma left the room and Harry entered inside. He shut the door behind him and looked at me.

"I'm sorry." I said, dropping the articles in my hands and removing the paper crown.

"It's fine. Would you get off the bed, statue of liberty?" He asked, his frown changing into a smile. I nodded and quickly rushed towards the edge of the bed and – my foot slipped (Maybe I should hate the smoothness of this bed now.) and I completely lost my balance and landed on the ground.

And...it didn't hurt?

I opened my eyes that I had closed and looked at the pretty green eyes staring into mine. I realized I wasn't on the ground but in Harry's hold. His arms were wrapped around my waist and we were so close. I could smell his cologne and I could hear his breathing. He hardly blinked his eyes and stared at me intently. Our faces were centimeters apart and he further leaned in slowly. I closed my eyes, waiting for whatever was about to happen. He brushed his lips lightly over my lips and then kissed gently.

My eyes widened at the action but I didn't pull away and I felt tingles. I didn't exactly know how to respond as this was my first kiss but I tried to move my lips along with his and soon, I was kissing back. Our lips fitted together like the parts of a puzzle. It seemed as if monkeys were jumping up and down in my stomach and my heart became an athlete as it started running faster.

The kiss was sweet and gentle and he pulled away, causing me to open my eyes. I looked at him and he smiled at me. He leaned forward again, this time he rubbed his nose slightly against me, causing me to blush madly.

Did he just kiss me? Did he just give me an Eskimo kiss? Am I dreaming? Am I drunk? I don't want my first kiss to be a dream. Harry's arms were still around my waist and I slowly moved my hand on his hand and tried to loosen his grip to let me go. He quickly loosened his grip and I pulled away, standing awkwardly.

"That was amazing." Harry remarked, smirking.

"Yeah, it was." I whispered. Did I just lose my voice? Where is the loud Louis?

He suddenly got down on his knees and grabbed the toothbrush from the bed and looked at me. He extended his arm and held out the toothbrush and said, "I thought I would wait till the second date but I couldn't stop myself. I don't have a rose right now and this is not what I had planned but I want you to imagine that this toothbrush is a rose. I've had a crush on you since the first day I saw you and I've fallen hard for your cupidity. Louise William Tomlinson, would you do the honor of being my girlfriend?"

I was completely surprised by his action and I stood still like a statue (statue of liberty). Isn't he so cheesy? I cannot efficiently digest so much of cheese at a single instant. He looked at me curiously and I knew he wanted an answer.

"Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend. Maybe now we can go ostrich riding." I suggested.

His eyes almost popped out of his sockets but maybe a spring pulled them back and he gulped and said, "Um...We can think about it later. Let us study chemistry for the time being."

I rolled my eyes and sat on the bed. I grabbed my bag and took out my chemistry textbook from it.

"I forgot the bowl of popcorn in the kitchen. I'll be right back." He said.

I nodded as a response and he walked out of the room.

I turned the pages and...there was a small piece of paper. Was it some kind of note? I picked it up and unfolded it. Two words were written on it.

Hello Louis.

So someone said a 'hello' to me. I guess the person is a fan of Adele.

Chapter finished.

Oh Wait! The note says 'Louis' not 'Louise'. Did the person just forget to add an 'e' at the end or was it Niall. Only Niall knew my plan. Did Harry put it inside my book? But that cannot be possible. I've never seen him near my chemistry book. Did someone hear my conversation with Niall? But maybe this was just a simple mistake. Maybe the person forgot to write an 'e' at the end. Yeah, that would be the case. I think a lot.