Chapter 48

Harry's P.O.V. –

I knocked at the door and it was opened by the same lady opened the door whom I had met when I came in as 'Edward'. She was surprised to see me but then her eyes widened and it seemed that realization struck her.

"Harry?" She asked and I nodded.

"Where is Lou?" I asked immediately.

"He's in his room – "She said but I shoved past her and didn't let her finish.

"Where is his room?" I asked, looking at her and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Upstairs." She replied, frowning.

I ignored her expression and raced upstairs and slammed open the first door I saw. I stepped inside and it was empty. I looked around and spotted another door inside the room which was closed.

"If you don't open the door right now, I'll break it with my fist." I said loud enough and waited for any movement. I heard a muffled sound before the door was opened and oh...

Louis wasn't dead. He stood with a confused expression on his face and he wasn't wearing a beanie. And that means that his brown feathery hair was on display and they looked so soft that I wanted to touch it. How could he even think that his hair was weird? It was beautiful, like him.

"Why are you staring at my head?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and looked into his pretty blue eyes.

"Do you know you just killed me?" I said, looking at him worriedly.

He eyed me from head to toe before saying, "I don't see a dead body a ghost that floats in the air. You are quite alive, I think."

I frowned I fury and said, "I'm not joking around, Lou. You got me so worried. I thought that you were going to kill yourself and where is the razor – "

"Wait, did you say that you thought I was about to kill myself?" Louis asked, on the edge of laughter.

I nodded, looking down and he started laughing like a galloping horse. I compared like Louis, didn't I? Talk about side effects of love...

"And don't worry about the razor. I have to shave once in a while." He said, stifling his laughter.

I looked at him in horror and heat rose to my cheeks. How could I be so stupid? Again, side effects of love...

"Then why were you crying? What was the 'poor girl' thing?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows together and expecting an answer.

He placed a hand on his waist and said, "I was watching a movie and it was emotional. The girl had to go through a lot of troubles. It was pretty good."

And it means I was freaking out for no reason?

"I can't believe it Harry. This is so amusing." He said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes and said, "What did you want to get rid off? Was it your hair?"

He nodded and tears welled up in my eyes. His expression softened immediately and he looked at me with concern. I thought that I was about to lose him when I love him so much and this was all a joke. I was regretting for not telling him that I love him.

I walked a step towards him and he gulped, taking a step backwards.

Is he scared of me? I won't hurt him. He should know that. I'm not like that creep who dared to touch my princess.

I spoke softly when our faces were inches apart, "I won't hurt you, Lou. You should know that."

He nodded and looked down. I lifted his chin so he could look up at me and I spoke up with the same soft tone, "I know whatever I did was wrong. I'm sorry. I blamed you for so many things that day – " Let us ignore the way Louis rolled his eyes at the sentence "- I'm serious and I mean it. I should've trusted you more than others but I believed Zayn's words. I'm really sorry."