Chapter 23

Louis' P.O.V. –

Do you like doing chemistry projects? I don't. But what if the love of your life has to work with you? That's what has happened with me. For the first time in my life, I'm actually excited for a 'Chromatography' project. The topic is completely silly but my partner is Harry. Did that rhyme? No? I don't care if it didn't. I don't even know what 'chromatography' means but I strongly believe that Mr. Sugarcane is the only person in the world to give such a stupid topic as a project.

Presently, Mr. Grimshaw was teaching us. He would often glance at me weirdly and I would frown and look away. Why can't he teach like a normal teacher does? The bell rung and I let out a sigh of relief. My relief didn't last long and Mr. Grin- show showed his silly grin and opened his mouth to speak. I looked around and minutes later, I, Harry and Mr. Grimshaw were the only ones standing in the room.

"Mr. Styles, you can leave. Ms. Tomlinson, I have to talk to you." He said, raising his voice slightly.

"May I know what you want to talk about?" Harry asked, frowning and crossing his arms.

"You don't want to get a detention, do you?" Mr. Grimshaw said, smirking and eyeing me carefully. He's so creepy.

"Harry shouldn't get a detention Mr. Grimshaw, please." I pleaded. I don't want him to get a detention for trying to help me out in this situation.

"I've already told you, Louise, call me Nick." Mr. Grimshaw said. He added, "You look pretty." My eyes widened and I looked at Harry who looked furious.

Harry stepped towards the teacher but I pulled him. He looked at me and stopped. He grabbed my arm and dragged me outside after picking up our belongings.

"I can't stand his behavior any longer. It has to be stopped before it gets worse." He fumed with anger. I've never seen him so angry before. He seems to be calm and gentle.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it." He said and walked away. What was he planning to do? I don't want something bad to happen.

I dragged my feet towards my locker and tried to arrange the books inside it. My locker is messy, as expected. One of the books slipped out of my grip and landed on the floor. I groaned and looked at it. I bent down to pick it up and a small piece of paper caught my attention. I unfolded it and it was a note. And the words on it left me stunned.

'I know you're a boy, Louis.' The note said.

And it was definitely not Niall's handwriting. I could tell that it was written by the same person who wrote the first not. But no one knows I'm a guy, except Niall. Now, it was confirmed that someone knew the truth. Someone would've overheard my conversation with Niall. It's all because of his warnings and stupid questions.

But who could it be? The person would have placed the note in my book carefully. What if the person tells Harry? This cannot happen. I won't let that happen. I've fallen in love and I don't want to lose him now. I'm not yet ready to let go. I can't do it right now. Maybe the note is nothing serious and maybe Niall is playing a prank on me? That could be possible. But I don't think Niall could change his handwriting. He would rather eat food than play a silly prank on me.

If this is not Niall, I'm trouble.

I'm always in trouble.

But this time, I'm in huge trouble.

---- ---- ----

"Why would I write a note to you? That makes no sense." Niall said firmly.

"Then who could write this?" I asked worriedly.

"I don't know. Am I the only one who is supposed to know your silly plan?" Niall asked.

"I haven't told anyone else. And my plan isn't silly. It's simply too good and creative to be understood by silly people." I said. My plan was not silly. I fell in love because of it. Harry is dating me as a result and it is definitely a good thing.

"Whatever." The blonde mumbled.

We walked towards the table and sat on the chairs. Niall sat next to Harry and I huffed as I had to sit on the chair which was still unoccupied. The chair was situated between Liam and Zayn. I wouldn't feel good here. I slowly sat down and began eating. I looked at Taylor and she was staring at Harry while eating. Or was she looking at Niall? I don't know. I didn't like the weird look on her face though. Something felt odd.

"How was your second date, Louise?" Liam asked softly.

"It was pretty fun." I said, looking at Harry who smirked.

"I would say it was a lot of fun." Harry said and Ashton made fake gagging sound.

"I don't even want to know what kind of 'fun' you're talking about. I'd rather go to the church and pray to forgive my sins." Ashton said.

"That didn't make sense." Liam remarked.

"It did." Ashton argued.

"Don't worry. We're not telling you anything, Ashton." Harry said.

"But I want the details." Perrie insisted.

"We watched a horror movie." I informed. Why did she want the details of a horror movie? Is she planning to turn into a ghost? She chuckled and shook her head slightly.

"Don't you know what am I talking about?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said. She was confusing me now.

"Shut up Perrie. Stop annoying us." Harry said. "And you will not be told what happened."

"Why can't we simply concentrate on the food?" Niall managed to speak without choking on his food.

This is how we ate our lunch. After some time, we didn't even know what we were talking about. Harry had started whispering in Perrie's ear and she nodded to something he said.

Harry's P.O.V. –

Mr. Grimshaw had crossed his limits. He must be taught a lesson. And here I was, in the office, to complain about the teacher to the school authorities. Louise was a pretty little leaf and this person was trying to pluck it. But I'm the tree and the leaf is a part of me. Wow, I made a leafy comparison. I'm sure Louise would love it.

"What is the name of the girl?" The middle-aged man asked.

"Louise. And I hope some action is taken against the pervert who is constantly flirting with her." I said firmly.

The man moved in his chair and looked up at me, "We'll see to this case as soon as possible."

The man gave me an assuring smile and I smiled back politely. If I could, I would've killed Nick the prick.

I left the room, thinking of Louise. Am I overprotective? Or is it normal?

I walked towards the lockers and saw Louise near her locker. She looked at me and smiled.

"I've got something for you." She said. What could be this 'something'? I wondered.

"And may I know what it is, princess of England?" I asked, bending slightly.

She took my hand in her smaller one and placed a cold metal-like thing and quickly curled my fingers over it. I uncurled my fingers and looked at the pretty little bracelet.

"It wasn't needed." I tried protesting but she said, "You cannot deny an order given by the princess of England." I raised an eyebrow at her sudden change in posture. She stood straight, with one of her hands on her waist and looked at me sternly.

I quickly wore the bracelet and she smiled, "I would be pleased if you promise never to part with it and keep it safe with you."

I shook my head slightly and answered, "Don't worry, princess, I promise."

I looked at the tiny letters chiseled on the metal. It was 'H & L'. I smiled and quickly pecked her lips. She blushed and looked down. All of a sudden, I've started feeling a weird emotion. I actually liked that she blushed due to whatever I did.

If only I knew...