Chapter 27

Harry's P.O.V. –

He took a deep breath and spoke, "This 'Louise' is a boy."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked at him. Has he gone insane? Why does Zayn think that Louise is a boy? Isn't it too obvious that she's a girl?

"Are you crazy? Why did you say that?" I asked.

He shook his head slowly and faced me, "Listen to me carefully. There is no girl named 'Louise'. Instead, a boy named 'Louis' has been pretending to be 'Louise' for a long time and he has fooled you. He lied and we believed him. I overheard his conversation with Niall about his plan of dressing up as a girl and fooling everybody. He is just a pathetic faggot who wanted to seduce any man possible, even if it's his teacher."

Oh God. This was too much all at once. How can someone lie about such a thing? And Louise wouldn't want to hurt me by doing so, isn't it? She told me she loves me and that is the reason that I'm wearing the bracelet on my wrist that she gave me. I don't think she was purposely 'seducing' Mr. Grimshaw. I was the one who told Zayn about the teacher's behavior and now he tells me this. This is unbelievable.

"Louise would never do anything to hurt my feelings. She loves me." I said boldly.

He chuckled slightly before saying, "He has been manipulating you. And now you're not able to differentiate between the truth and the lies. It's 'he' not 'she'. You need to realize it before it's too late."

The use of the pronoun 'he' was really making me uncomfortable at this instant. I didn't want to hear it. This couldn't be the truth. It isn't possible.

"Why should I believe you?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"You still don't believe me?" He asked with a mocking smile on his face.

"No, I don't." I said, unsure.

"You don't have any proof." I further added.

He thought for a moment before speaking, "You've never done something more than kissing, isn't it? You would've tried but didn't this 'Louise' resist you?"

The words came out of his moth and my eyes widened. He was actually correct in this case. This also reminds me of my second date with her. We watched a movie and started making out. Then it got heated and I pulled her into my lap and... she pulled away. She actually pulled away. And I swear I had seen the desperation in her eyes. Or maybe I was wrong. I'm sure she is a virgin. That could be a reason for pulling away. It would be awkward for her. Or she might not be ready for anything more intimate.

I don't think I should assume things on the basis of Zayn's words. It could be a huge misunderstanding and nothing more. Zayn might be confused. But isn't it weird to get confused over such an obvious issue?

"Maybe she's not ready for anything more than kissing." I said, defending Louise.

"What if you try to find out the truth yourself? Try forcing her or him or whatever." Zayn suggested.

"Shut up Zayn. I never expected you to say anything like that. I wouldn't force her in any case. Don't you realize what you just said?" I argued. How could he say such a thing? I can't believe he's my best friend.

"Okay, if you don't want to force her, you can at least try to trap her in your plan by seducing her or him. I don't even know if he, she or whatever is a transgender." Zayn said and for some reason, I felt angry. I couldn't believe his words. I was surprised.

"I can't believe that you're giving me such suggestions. Let us assume that I actually carry out your instructions and she's a girl, wouldn't that be the worst thing to do?" I said.

"I didn't quite understand what you said but I think you're still trying to convince yourself that 'Louise' exists. The truth will be clear within some time. I can assure you about that." He said, running his hand through his hair.

He's usually very careful about his hairstyle but I wonder why he is so tensed. Could it be possible that 'Louise' was a boy?

But wouldn't that be unfair to me? It would mean that a boy named 'Louis' used all of us for his own selfish motives. Is he or she such a slut as Zayn told me? Did Louise try to seduce Mr. Grimshaw? That is so gross! And I was the one who was trying to help her out by complaining to the school authorities. And that makes this 'Louis' boy gay which is even worse. No, it can't happen.

Louise loves me. She would never do anything to hurt me. She wouldn't want me to cry over her, isn't it? She could never hurt my feelings. She wouldn't play with my emotions. I know she's not the type of girl to do so.

Whatever the truth is, I'm determined to find out. If Zayn lied, I'll not leave him unharmed.

And Louise...

She would...never hurt me, right?

She's a girl.

She can't be a boy. She just can't.

I love her and she loves me.

Does she really love me?

I doubt...