Chapter 8

[3/02/2017 - Edited]

Louis' P.O.V. –

I stood outside the living room where my mum was present. Beads of perspiration appeared on my forehead and I shuddered. Now if you're wondering, I'm not about to go to a war or tell my mum I'm pregnant because these things are practically impossible but I was about to ask permission to got the party. Mum doesn't usually allow me to go to parties and I doubt if she will let me go this time. I gained courage and walked inside. I nervously fiddled with my own fingers and mum noticed me.

"Do you want something Lou?" She asked with a smile plastered on her face. I tugged at the hem of my top and spoke, "Uh yeah, I wanted to take permission to go to a party at Zayn's house." Her smile disappeared and a frown appeared.

"No." She said simply and my eyes widened comically. "But mum – ", I started but mum cut me off, "My decision is final and your protests can't alter it. I don't want to take any risks this time."

"Mum, nothing bad can happen at a simple party." I argued.

"Nothing bad can happen? Remember the last time you went to a party and got drunk?" She asked. I looked away for a moment and then looked back at her. I surely remembered that time. I had returned home in a drunken state and yeah, my condition was pretty bad. Even giraffes aren't high to such an extent. And don't tell me giraffes don't drink, you cannot restrict the poor animal from drinking beer or whatever it likes. Moreover, I meant they are quite tall. But I'm too short. Now I've confused myself and let me just end my intellectual thoughts here.

"It was nothing very bad. Nothing wrong happened while I was drunk." I stated firmly.

I still wonder how a drunk giraffe would behave. Would it get dizzy while chewing leaves? I believe a giraffe would love wine.

"Oh really? Don't you remember you were twisting a twig near a tree outside and telling me that the door wasn't opening? You couldn't even tell that it wasn't a door knob but a twig. And you don't remember sleeping on the kitchen shelf, do you? And nothing wrong happened. Tomlinson, you need to use your brain." She said with her words dipped in buckets of sarcasm. I was completely drenched by her words but I simply didn't feel wet.

I turned red out of embarrassment and looked down. She was undeniably correct and I couldn't contradict her this time. My condition was pretty bad that day and I had the worst hangover the next day. I had not gone to school for a long time and mum had become so worried. But this time, I wanted to go for Harry and I became determined to convince my mother.

"Mum, I promise nothing of that sort will happen this time. I really want to go and interact with the kids in this new school and I ensure you that Zayn is a trustworthy person." I pleaded.

She listened carefully and looked at me thoughtfully. Was she going to allow me to go? A frown appeared on her forehead. Or was she not allowing me to go? Mystery.

"Okay." She said and I leaped forward, hugging her tightly, more like squeezing her tightly. I squealed happily and she chuckled. I pulled away and thanked her.

"Just be careful, okay? I don't want you to get in trouble this time. That would be bad. And I'm quite happy that your classmates accept you as a cross-dresser." She said, smiling at me. She didn't know that my classmates thought I was a girl and not a cross-dresser. I didn't even want to tell her about that now when my plan had just begun. I nodded as a reply and raced towards my room.

I quickly opened the door and stood in the middle of my room. I had a huge grin on my face and imagined dancing with Harry at the party. That would be so much fun! My smile faded away as soon as I realized something. I was standing in the middle of my room with the worry of the biggest problem on the planet.