Classmates

I was enjoying Mr. Louis's class for the fact that it was a safe class. What I mean by a safe class is that there were no assholes in the classroom. Don't get me wrong, there were some people that I could go without hearing every day. But, there wasn't anyone who messed with me because I was 'Ms. Invisible' according to Thorin though the term shouldn't be used. I hadn't been invisible since meeting him.

Again, Mr. Louis's class was easy. It was earth science, something easy and I didn't have to talk to someone. Mr. Louis didn't in a simpler term, give a shit about what we did and only cared about if we get the information. He wasn't a boring teacher by any means. Well except when he hovered his bald head over his desk while giving the next dumb ass an 'F' for not understanding the different levels of the ocean.

Yeah, it was all nice. I sat in the back corner away from most of those who talked. There were a few floaters like me who also sat in the back but they also had friends and talked once in a while but were still not bothersome. They were safer than those who typically sat in the middle or front with their friends. The people that were closer to the door were a little chatty and the ones that usually spread the rumors. I didn't care about them because they didn't notice me, especially when they were into their phones and gossip about who is pregnant in the school, but they were still annoying. It was okay because they never talked about me.

Until the Devil himself waltz into the class. Though he wore dark attire, he still shined through the dullness of the room. Heads turned as though a person came running in with an axe in their hand and yelled about murdering someone. It was something that I could actually see Thorin doing, but he didn't need to do that to get the attention that he was receiving. People were just naturally drawn into looking at him.

I know I was and I hated it.

I watched as he scanned the class, looking for an empty seat. Girls moved their bags from the empty seats around them just to signal out that they wanted him. I didn't care if they wanted him to sit near them if anything I wanted them to. I wanted them to embrace the hunger that was in their eyes just so I didn't have to see it in Thorin's.

But we never always get what we want, do we?

The gray shirt that I had on puffed up as I slid further down into my desk until my stomach had hit the round wood. My grip on my mechanical pencil became tighter as I tried to look busy by writing something down on the homework in front of me. Now, I usually wouldn't have been freaking out in such the class. But when you feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up because the person you always try to avoid stares at you, you freak out. Especially when they make their way to the empty desk in front of you.

The desk scooted slightly against the floor and along with the noise, a thousand sighs filled my ears. Okay, not a thousand but there were a few from the female crowd of the room. I had to think they were stupid for being so disappointed that they weren't "chosen" by Thorin. There was nothing to be sad about, mostly because he was just some guy. Literally billions of men are on the earth yet their petty asses were sad about him sitting in front of me. If anything, they should be sad for me because I was being bothered.

"Hey there, Flor."

What was up with the nickname?

"Hey there, Thor." As I tried to do the whole 'nickname' thing as he did, my tone came out a little sharper than his. It was mostly due to the fact that I tried to keep my attention on the paper and not the above-the-attractive-spectrum in front of me. "Why are you in here?"

"Well," his deep voice rolled. "I decided that I want to be friends with ya so much that I just decided that I had to be in this class."

I decided to look up in the warm black eyes that made me want to push my desk back at least forty feet away from him. My feet did actually kicked into overdrive and scooted me back a little bit, creating a loud noise that everyone in the room noticed. Their heads turned as fast as they did when Thorin entered the room but this time, they were on me. I was for sure I was becoming psychic for a moment and began to run through all the comments and questions they were probably thinking.