Turf War

Everyone was walking slower than usual in the hallways. A lot of them walked slower in the first place but now it was like dragging a concrete block through black tar slow. Groans came out of their mouths and even some girls were actually crying because they were back in school. I couldn't help but think 'same' when watching the tears roll down their sun-deprived faces.

Not me, I was wide awake. At the crack of dawn, I was doing crunches while wishing for a miracle would happen that would flatten my stomach.

Why did I do that?

Because I hung up the good ole t-shirt and went for a tight long sleeved shirt that had somewhat a low neckline. Actually, the t-shirts weren't hanged, more liked rolled up into balls on my floor because I didn't have time to wash them the day before school started. The whole 'getting stuck in a car with Thorin and Mel' shook me up to the point where I remained in my room for the rest of Christmas break. I didn't want any rolls to poke through one of the few things that were clean enough to wear.

Plus, caffeine pills can make you do crazy things before the sun even thinks about rising.

Terry, if you can't remember, is Jace's idiot friend who was barely math and was standing in front of my locker. Somehow my locker had become this cesspool for guys who wore high black socks, athletic shorts and had 'asshole' written all over them. Not everyone who wears those things are an asshole but when you add in the whole 'oh, let's cover some girl's locker with our bodies', I consider you an asshole.

I tried to squeeze by as the boys, including Jace, bounced around while talking to each other. Leave it to the universe to make sure that Terry had the last name Gerard and had a locker next to mine. Again, thank the universe for having him being friends with Jace who looked like he hadn't slept in years. The underneath of his eyes was darker than usual with lines that carved themselves into the thin flesh.

Was I concerned? A little bit, but I was mostly concerned about my body weaving through the boys to my cool locker. My lungs burned while the tiny grasp of air that I took in, remained in the sacs as I tried to enter the correct numbers so I could put my shit away. It wasn't really necessary to bring anything to Mr. Louis's class because that man has just given much already.

My fingers were shaking while placing the only book I truly used. The scent of boy was lingering in the air and was probably the source of my shaking. Not because I was scared (which I kind of was) but because the fumes were so strong that they could have killed a skunk. Expensive colognes shot themselves off from the expensive clothes that they used to call home and into my nostrils, making me almost want to puke.

Nothing was better than the sound of the locker shutting. I began to walk away with nothing in my shaky hands. Which they should have been calmer because again, my ass was invisible.

"Lookin' good, Flora." Jace called out. The multiple voices stopped along with my body that began to walk away.

I had to be clever, which I was all the time....except for whenever I somehow agree to let Thorin into my house. "Feeling good." The words came out with confidence.

"She's got a nice ass." One of the guys mumbled. Thankfully, I was walking away so I couldn't see who said it and they wouldn't be able to see the redness all over my face.