Practice/30 facts about moi.

"Okay, Flora. We're going to see what you got." Thorin, who had invited me warmly minutes prior to him bending over to match my height. His eyes were at the same level as mine and raised the already high bar of un-comfortableness. It was easier to not look him in the eye when he was towering over me but him, squatting and not allowing room for me to look away definitely didn't make my life any easier.

We weren't in some type of gym, we were in Thorin's room once again. Trust me, I wasn't a big fan of how were in an enclosed area of each other and were going to have to make contact. It's not that I was some pervert that thought of nasty things that I would do to Thorin unless it was parallel to something that one of those eighty's murderer movies. But still, the fact that his bed was touching the back of my thighs and he was directly at me didn't make the situation better. I was nervous. It wasn't like Thorin and I hadn't shared a bed before but that was my bed. This is his bed and I wasn't in control.

But it was either learn how to kick some major ass or being under constant fear of being hurt.

Oh wait, I was already in constant fear.

"Are you going to show me how to do some sick tricks?"

He furrowed his brows at me. "Sick tricks?"

"Yeah." I said, a little embarrassed. "Like how you picked up that one guy and slammed him into the ground."

"Which guy?" His tattoo covered hand went to his jaw, rubbing it while he thought about the man.

"What do you mean by which one? How many people are there?" Suddenly, I felt like I was a girlfriend asking all of this information. Creepy? It was to me. "Never mind, let's just get down to the punching." I punched the air, trying to act tough in front of him.

A sigh came from him. "If you say so. First, you have to make sure your fingers are correct." He grasped my hand, allowing the coolness from mine transfer into his warm one. My fingers went limp under his touch, easily unfolding for him. "You have to make sure that you don't curl your thumb underneath your fingers."

Gently, Thorin pushed my fingers until they curled and placed my thumb over them. "Are you sure this is right?" I examined the form. "It feels weird."

"Positive. If you put your thumb underneath your fingers, it'll break and we don't want that. You need your thumb for gripping some things."

Instant dirty thoughts slammed into my mind along with the need to go to church and possibly drink nothing but holy water. At least it was zero calories and maybe help my dirty soul for thinking about something that was totally unethical and nothing I was never ever in a million years was going to use my thumb to grip.

I looked up at him which was a bad idea. The asshole thought it would be funny to raise his eyebrow at that moment. My cheeks felt a burning sensation, forcing my fist to squeeze tighter. " 'Kay. I'm ready to punch something." That was my attempt to move on from whatever was going on with Thorin.

"Are you sure?" He whispered into my ear. What made it worse was that my fist was still being held by the asshole.

"Positive." One point for my poker face and morals.

Thorin backed away a few paces. "We're just going to start with you punching my palms." His large hands went up.

"Aw, I can't just punch you in the face a few times?"

"Punch my palms first."He nodded.

Gently, I made contact with his palms with the flat part of my fingers. A knuckle popped, just one, but it was still a knuckle that popped. His arm jutted slightly back but nothing too dramatic. I honestly thought it was a good punch but by the way that Thorin was scrunching his nose.