Scary Zipper

Long ass chapter warning. I'm talking around 3000 words bbs.

"Flora, are you sure you don't want to come with us to lunch?" Mom said, re-inviting to lunch on my day off. It was a random day off that was ordered by the school but I wasn't complaining. It was a cold day, sending a slight chill throughout the house. My ass didn't need to get up just to freeze.

I shook my head, causing my mom to slightly frown. "Nah, you two have fun. I think I'm just going to go read in my room."

Mom and Blaire left and I high tailed it to my room with my phone in my hand and scary stories easily accessible. I laid on my back, taking a sip of my water instead of tea to not only conserve my tea stash but also to give the whole caffeine thing a break. It was only for a day so I could lessen the tolerance and get back to working out.

I sat there, with the two mirrors diagonal from me. The hum of fan buzzed behind me in the darkness and the time had finally come. 3:01 was shown on the clock that was on my wrist. 'The witching hour' the words ran through my head.

Nervously, I chewed on my thumb at the mini story that I was reading. It was the middle of the day but I was still scared.

The sound of my beating heart was starting to take over the buzzing and my mind. Lub. Dub. Lub. Dub. It was becoming louder. As ritual said to do, I held a candle in my hands, basking in its soft glow instead of the harsh lights that my basements had. It danced to the beating of my heart, swishing back and forth.

I didn't know if this story was true but this site was supposed to be full of true stories and so, I was worried. It was easy to see that this bro was going down already and the ghosts haven't even appeared yet.

Two shadows appeared from the corner of my eyes, dancing along with the flame. It was against the rules to directly look at these shadows or the mirrors. "Hello?"

The sound of my window scraping against its old frame made me jump and nearly have a heart attack. Thorin, who had a goofy smile on his face, slid his body into my room. "Thorin!" I gasped, saying his name with my hand to my chest.

"Huh?" While getting his last leg through, the window had caught Thorin by his foot. The ground thudded by the tripping boy who was stumbling to get his balance. When the window did finally release the dummy, he landed on both feet while trying to look cool. "You didn't see that." He said, pointing at me.

I turned my face back to my phone. "Sure, whatever you say." Thorin was something that I could stare at all of the time but I needed to finish the story. I had a feeling that this guy was going to die from those mirrors because some demon jerk is going to come out of them. My eyes took in every word the person who had posted the story. Wait. If they had posted it, then it meant they lived. Right?

My eyes were on the phone but my ears were open to Thorin who went silent. "Thorin?" I stopped reading for a second. Some ghosts were talking to the guy and was starting to get good but I was starting to get curious to why Thorin wasn't speaking. In the corner of my eye, I saw my closet light was on. "What are you doing?"

"Just checkin' out ya stuff." Thorin may have been loud when entering my room but nothing was louder than the sound of boxes and other shit falling from its rightful place. I winced and tried to not think about the mess that he was making in my closet or why he was really in my closet for the matter. "Yo, Flora." He called out. "You should start wearing this."

I choked when he came with a low cut, mesh shirt that my mom had bought me with the intent of me wearing a black tank top underneath it because she thought it would be cute. Pretty sure she was on something when she bought it. "You're kidding me, it's see through." My voice was monotone.