Date pt 2

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked when leaving the theater and back into the area where people bought their tickets. More people were there, quickly filling up the large space. It was becoming scarier by the seconds. Hordes of giggling, snorting, too much cologne/perfume assholes known as younger teens infested the area like locusts on a hot summer day. They laughed, threw shit on the ground and just screamed for no reason when in line.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. The hair ruffled slightly under his hand and it just made me want to fix it. "Nothing can hurt me easily." I received a wink after that and wanted to fake gag again.

The kids were becoming louder and with it, the voice in my head telling me that they were staring at me and judging for how big I was. I felt their eyes on me, like a gnawing presence on my brain. Suddenly, I didn't want to be in Stacey's outfit, it was too tight. It showed too much unlike my big t shirts that covered everything.

"Flora, are you okay?" He asked in return when I didn't say anything as we slowly walked further out of the theater and into the ticket area. I tried to keep my eyes on the door that glistened with lights and was the only way for me to get out.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." I gulped the lump in my throat down. "Totally fine."

"Is it the people?" He whispered lowly into my ear.

I didn't say anything and nodded, still slowly walking. My legs felt heavy and wanted to turn into stone that would paralyze me in front of the screaming kids. But I was able to nod to let Thorin know that I wasn't just some nonspeaking weirdo that didn't know how to walk. I was just a nonspeaking weirdo that felt the crippling weight of eyes on me.

The weight of Thorin's arm on my shoulder made the heavy anxiety feel lighter. His subtle cologne filled my nostrils instead, the smell of sweaty kids that covered up their said sweat with atrocious sprays that would have instantly caught fire if they were near a flame. My side was pushed to Thorin's hard one. I didn't like the fact that he probably knew how squishy I was but I found his body to be comforting.

It was actually pretty nice, his long sleeve muffed one of my ears while the other was against his side. Altogether, it was hard to tell what the teens were saying and I was a happy camper because of that. A vision of Stacey came to me while looking the children while they looked at Thorin and I. It was her telling me how she loved herself. The imagine actually helped me walk more confidently as I continued to get stares.

We were close to the door and by then I was starting to feel better. The kids were moving further and further into the theater and out of my sight. Just a few more feet and then we would be in his car free. That's all I wanted, to be in his car.

Thorin and I were only a few paces away from pushing the metallic doors open and be welcomed by the freezing air once more. That was until two bodies walked through the doors before the two of could. One of them was my mom who's shirt was no longer wrinkled and she actually looked happy. The other person had their hand around her waist. Their perfectly manicured hand was around her waist.

A woman with high cheek bones and long braids hung herself over my mother. She kept her smile while the one on mom's face quickly disappeared into a frown like she had been caught with murder. Quickly, she pulled herself out of the woman's hold and stood tall, matching the woman next to her's height.