Surprises

It's one thing to have neighbors to come to your house because of a freak blizzard that was because the universe hated your guts because in some past like you were this super villain that would have made Ursula's tentacles quiver in fear or the evil stepmother from Cinderella pee her pants. But it's another thing when one of the particular neighbors decides it was okay to be in my room once again to wake me up once again. It didn't help that it was cold and I was beginning to hate the cold.

"Hey, Flora." The mattress underneath me dipped from the weight of an ass's ass.

My reflexes kicked in, forcing my leg to move from its cocoon to the side of Thorin's body with enough force to break a boulder. I jumped back, hitting my own body with my wall. "Mother fucker!" I yelled.

A groan came from Thorin who was rubbing at his bent over side. "Shit, you don't need to use your fists if you have legs like that." He said in between his groaning.

Short breaths were being produced by lungs and mouth when looking at Thorin. Of course, he had to be dramatic and roll onto his non-kicked side while on my bed. "What the hell are you doing here?" My foot nudged at him and his quickly wrinkling buttoned up shirt.

"I'm going to take you to school today." He eyed me after turning onto his back and resting his poor head onto my pillow that I was going to have to wash.

My eyes narrowed. "No, I have my own car."

"Pollution is a real bitch, Flora."

"You need to take your cousin to school." I tried to use another excuse to get him out of my bed and out of my house.

He clicked his tongue while giving me a grin that was reaching from ear to ear. "She's sick so it's just the two of us. We'll leave as soon as you get ready." He fully rested on the pillow and his eyelids collapsed, showing his dark eyelashes. "That is if you don't want to go today and just stay in here." An eye was slightly ajar for a moment before resting once again.

"Well," I scooted, slightly shaking the bed. "You're going to have to get out so I can get dressed."

"My eyes are closed." A loud smack came from his hand going against his eyes. "Don't worry, I won't peek."

I snorted. "Thorin, seriously."

"Seriously, Flora. I won't peek."

Huffing, I got up. "I swear to God, if you peek, I will kill you."

Heartburn was attacking my chest that caused my heart to pound faster than usual. In my closet, I was able to pick out some sweater that I had no idea that existed. It fitted, barely. The material enclosed on my bare sides in a tight manner that made me almost uncomfortable. My eye had caught the sight of the small pill bottle that I hid in my closet. Without a drink, I forced a pill down my throat to hopefully feel the effects of caffeine.

"Okay, I'm ready." There was a shuffling as I left the closet. Quickly, Thorin's hands went to his eyes once again.