Avocado Balls.

I yawned, shaking my head and blinking at the bright lights that I and Mel walked underneath. "Why are we doing this so late at night?" Mel sounded just as tired as I was. Daytime had been taken over by the night, allowing for those who do not like the sun to be out. I know I sound like a vampire, but I did hate the sun like one.

"Because my mom wants me to get shit for our graduation party." Another yawn escaped from my mouth.

Mel gave me a confused look. "Our graduation party?"

I gave her a sinister grin because of the plan I wasn't going to let her back out of. The only reason why this graduation party was going to happen because I was going to share it. It wasn't just going to be mine, it was also going to be Mel's and Thorin's. I've had enough attention on myself, especially with the little fiasco that happened at school. Now it was time for me to go back to the rock that I lived under and become one with the darkness once again.

"Yes." The redhead stood there while I continued to push the cart, looking for graduation decorations. I was trying to stay with the school theme and have the decorations be sky blue and white. Though bright colors were not my thing, it wasn't just going to be my party and I knew Melody liked bright colors that matched her personality.

Mel shook her head. "Uh, I think that you meant 'your' party." She nervously twirled a curly lock of hers.

I stopped in the middle of the isle as I could with the lack of shoppers at night. My finger went up, pointing to the muscular girl who was a couple of inches taller than I was. "No, we're going to have our graduation party together."

"But I don't even want to have one." She groaned, frowning.

"Neither do I." My voice was raspy while looking away. "But think about how much fun it could be!" It was time to test out my selling skills in hopes to persuade Mel who was crinkling her nose. "You could invite all of your friends and family... even Sai." I wiggled an eyebrow before going back to the balloons that were blue and white.

"Sai?" The girl squeaked and I knew I had said the right person. "I haven't talked to him since the last day of school." She began to fidget and play with a couple bottles of glitter.

"Why not?" I furrowed my brows, throwing the package of balloons and a bottle of glitter that Mel had not touched yet.

"Because I'm kind of scared to.." The words came out in a whisper.

Mel was a strong girl, a person who I never doubted that could kick my ass but that didn't stop me from grabbing a pool noodle that the super store had in a large bin. The sculpted foam easily bent to the curvature of Melody's head, warping around the bone and creating a loud 'smack' that could probably have been heard even outside of the store. Her torso also bent, nearly taking her to ground if it wasn't for her feet that kept her standing.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Her accent came out strong, stronger than the noodle that hit her and was going to have to protect my ass.

The thin noodle stood in front of my body while I stepped away to keep a safe distance between my face and Mel. "Stop being stupid!"

"Don't worry, you won't be able to see me be stupid when you're dead." For some reason, the Devil enjoyed over taking my friends. It wasn't good for me or my life when Satan would somehow possess everyone in my life, allowing them to give off the vibe that they were going to kill me. It also didn't help that Mel was already somewhat scary to those who didn't know her thanks to her more muscular figure but also that I only had flimsy foam in my hands.

Even though the cart was full of shit for the party, it was quickly abandoned when Mel took a step towards me. All my training in the gym was coming into play. Usually, when I ran, I thought about zombies or a demon chasing me and that made me run pretty fast but the idea of Mel catching me made me run even faster. The aisles were becoming blurry as I huffed and puffed around them just so I could live a little longer. "Get yer arse back here!" The worlds rolled while she growled them.