Snow Bound

A couch is used to seat usually three maybe four people. My couch, in particular, is used to only seat three people and that's it. After that, the couch is not happy and is not very comfortable as you are stuffed in there like a sardine. The stuffing usually didn't happen for maybe once in a while, the only action the couch ever receives is when my mom and I are on it because there's a scary movie on and you can't leave a bitch behind. But with all the people in my house, you want someone to be left behind.

I watched as the Wallers who turned out to have the names Margot and Dale, take the little love seat that usually hosted my mom's butt. Mel, her dad, and Thorin took the three couch cushions and left me, Stacey and Matt to fight to the death for the two chairs that were remaining.

"Go ahead and take those chairs." My mom nodded at the chairs. "Flora and I can stand."

Or I could just go lay in my bed for the rest of eternity.

"Are you sure?" Their brows furrowed.

"Flora can sit here." Thorin squeezed his already crammed legs to the side and patted the seat.

As much as I wanted to be squished to the point that my body molds over the armrest, I was willing to stand. As one article that I read on the internet, standing is much better for you. "That's alright, I can stand." Or I could have gone and laid in my bed, but no.

"It's fine, there's room." Thorin gave his eyebrow a slight wiggle.

Mentally, I was giving every single person in the room the middle finger. Matt and Stacey only got a semi hard middle finger because it wasn't their fault and they're actually pretty cool. But the Wallers, ooh they got a hard middle finger along with my mother. Mel also kind of got a semi hard one but that's also for that time she forced me into a bush. Thorin Graham on the other hand.... he received two. He received two for being a cocky, attractive, manipulative asshole who knew when to strike while the iron is hot.

I grimaced while slowly and when I mean slowly, I mean at a snail's pace when placing my butt on the little seat. My thigh spilled over, forcing the flesh to slightly be on top of Thorin's. With my face toward what was going on in front of me, my attention was on what was beside me. Thorin was smiling dumbly while also looking at the others. His thigh began to move closer to me, pushing more of me onto him.

"Thank you again for taking us in." Matt said, holding Stacey's hand. "We were shocked that the power went out."

"I'm glad that we still have power." Mom chuckled.

Thorin's fully tatted arm moved to the side of me, resting on the arm rest. I didn't think too much about it at the moment because it was normal for an arm to be there. But it didn't mean that I wasn't staring it down like a hawk.

"I wonder how long it'll last for." Mel's father spoke up for the first time. His accent was thick like Thorin's.

The attention was on him, giving Thorin the ability to scoot the arm that was one on the rest to around my waist. I felt my heartburn coming on along with my stomach doing flips an acrobat would be jealous of. His fingers gently pushed into me as his hand pulled me closer to him.