Bodyguard

For the first time of the year, Mr. Louis wasn't at school. Instead of the old weirdo that usually mumbled to himself and telling me that I was working too hard, it was a lady with bright orange hair. It wasn't like Mel's, it was terribly dyed and fried probably since the sixties. But that didn't stop the scowl that was on her face then again, she wasn't that bad because she didn't give us any work.

"Hey, buddy." Thorin wiggled his eyebrow after turning back to face me.

"Yo comrade." My hand was slightly raised in hello to him before going to back to the piece of blank paper on my desk. It was calling my eyes to be doodled on because there was nothing else for me to do.

"Since Mr. Louis isn't here, you want to go walk in the hallways?"

"Is this part three of the meeting?" I raised my face to him, slightly smiling.

"You could say that." He winked, pushing himself up from the desk and strolled in front of the old lady. She blinked a few times at him as he talked, staring at each little movement he did with her glossy old eyes. Thorin pointed towards me, making her look at me then back at him. Altogether, she nodded and he had a goofy smile when walking away from the substitute.

"Well?" I asked, looking up.

"Grab your stuff, we're getting out of here." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "We have to go work on that project in our other class."

Leaving class is a bad thing and Thorin was also a bad thing. Two bad things didn't make a right but then again, we didn't have any work so that made leaving class right. One bad and one right wasn't the best but then again, nothing was. But I had to make the moral math just to make sure that I wasn't going to do anything terrible.

My bag and phone instantly went into one hand while the other pushed me out of my seat. I tried to make sure I wasn't too fast so I didn't look like some crazy person who had just taken a million caffeine pills but anything was better than sitting at the desk for the next hour. But Thorin was pretty much at the same speed as me as he hungrily took the pencil from his desk and buried it in his pocket. The other kids watched us as we somewhat rushed to get out of there, watching as we quickly went to the door.

Thorin's arm was hanging over my shoulder when I took one last look at the kids that were looking at him. They squinted their eyes at us, and instantly I regretted this decision. I didn't want them to think that I was paying Thorin or something to hang out with me. Plus his hand draping over me didn't help.

I shrugged, forcing his arm to fall off from me and to his side. He furrowed his eyebrows but released the tension in his forehead when looking down the hallway. "So where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Hm.." He rubbed his chin. "Out. With you."

He wiggled his eyebrow mischievously. "Thorin we are not going to leave this school." My words came out sternly. "There is no way that my ass is going to get in trouble."

"That's what I meant." He mumbled, playing with his hair.