The Path

Dick-wad: What are you going to do tomorrow?

Me: Hm.. probably nothing.

That wasn't true but I didn't want my dad to know that I was trying to live a healthy lifestyle and that his words truly affected me.

Dick-wad: Wasting your life as usual?

Me: How did you know?

I prayed that he would get my sarcasm through text.

Dick-wad: Knowing you, it's to be expected.

Me: K.

Dick-wad: Anymore thought towards college out here?

In the Nevada sun? There was no way I was going to be near the Devil and be in hell.

Me: Nah, I think I'm going to stay where it's cooler.

Dick-wad: Come on, live with me.

Me: I would say that you sound like a broken record but I haven't heard your voice in over four years so I can't really say you sound like anything.

Dick-wad: You're just like your mother.

Me: In some ways, yeah I guess you could say that.

Dick-wad: Come on, I don't want to fight with you.

Me: Eh, you're kind of going down a path to it. You know, besides the one that was full of drugs, sluts and a poor attempt to belittle your daughter and wife.

Dick-wad: Flora, you need to stop before you open something up that you can't close.

Me: Try me.

Trust me when I say that there was nothing else he could say to me that would hurt. I was done, I had moved on. If anything, he was a random number texting me.

Dick-wad: We all have our demons that sneak up on us and curse us. That's the human life and sometimes we need to go through that pain to be better people. We have to get rid of those demons.

Me: You're my demon. I guess that makes me eligible to get rid of you.

Dick-wad: Trust me, I'm not your only demon.

Me: And the asshole finally comes out of his shell.

Dick-wad: Listen to me Flora Greesteen, you are my daughter. Whether you like it or not, you will be going to college here and spending time with me.

Me: Fuck you.

I waited a few minutes until the message had the little 'read' tag on it and initially blocking the piece of shit.

Hey, sorry about the more serious chapter here. I thought it was necessary to the whole point of this story so here it is. Don't worry, I'll post another chapter here pretty soon so you can get your cute fix in. Remember:

Comment; how is your day/night? Comment about how your day is coming along.

Vote; show your support for the growth of Flora and her overcoming of things.

Share; know someone like Flora's father? Don't show them this story and get them out of your life.

Thanks for reading. I hope I don't seem too negative in this chapter haha.